MotoGP same as Fight Club??

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

MotoGP same as Fight Club??

Post by badgerKDD »

First rule of MotoGP.......no one talks about motoGP???

Come on guys, its been a much better, exciting season than for many years and no one is talking about it! Is it because everyone is watching it at different times so no one wants to spoiler the race result?

So who reckons Crutchlow wishes he'd kept his mouth shut and done one more season with Tech3 when he had the chance? 2 seasons of poor results compared to the podium/ 4ths fest that was his final season on the Yamaha!

Bradders, what a boy, been plugging away and its paying off now.

Fair play to Dani, giving Rossi no quarter :D .

Anyone fancy joining in here ;)
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: MotoGP same as Fight Club??

Post by billinom8s »

i think you're right badge, as people are watching the race at so many different times on different platforms, you never really know when is a good time to mention if it was a good race, who fell, if you could have done better etc.

there were only 3 of us in the pub on Sunday watching the race live ( i know there was a rescue ride going on at the time) and that some have to wait for the replays etc.

maybe we need to put a race thread up with a spoilers warning in the title so that those who have can feel safe in reading and those who haven't yet can avoid if their curiosity doesn't get the best of them.

we are lucky up here that the walkabout has allowed us to use the big screen for all the races so far this season, maybe it's worth starting to nag a pub down your way to do the same. we can promote it through the site and twitter and you never know, they could get some increased trade across the quiet Sunday lunch times.

top race though, have to admit i did cheer when MM fell off.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator

Post by badgerKDD »

I thought about trying to do a pub meet for the GP's but realised I probably couldn't make most of the second half of the season due to kids commitments.

I reckon we could do a MotoGP/ BSB/ WSBK thread with a spoiler warning, I just seem to find we rarely get many opinions even when I try to start a thread focusing on general MotoGP matters ( who's going where, overall season performance) is this because there is a lack of interest in the nitty gritty of the racing? I'm not judging, just asking for general opinions on who's interested and who just watches mostly because its 'bikes on the box' ?
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

personally i watch it as i like the racing, i'm not interested in who's doing what, going where etc etc. I just watch it for the racing and the social meeting.
KTM 990 superduke R,
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

I love watching, but hardly know who's riding what. Would only know one of the riders by sight.

I reckon some influence from BTC would liven it up. Ballast for those who do well, reverse grids etc.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
badgerKDD
Site Moderator

Post by badgerKDD »

I imagine that's probably the most common opinion when watching any of the racing, I reckon if it the feeling of most members then there's no point doing a separate thread, but lets see what people say :D
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

I'm in with the general opinion. I am loving watching it this season but don't really get into the technical details or team gossip. Probably would if I had more time but you know what it is like. We watch on terrestrial so would only be able to join int he threads after that (and I did - the latest MotoGP thread yesterday or the day before)

MotoGP has not floated my boat for a few years now but this year it has provided maybe the best year of any series apart from BSB a few years ago. A couple more races and I might change even that. Rossi obviously a fighter, Marquez always willing to have a go and now Dani showing that he will not be taken advantage of.

I already find the different treatment of teams (soft tyres, engines, different classes) a negative thing so I definitely would not be in agreement with MellowYellow on more handicaps. Yes, it provides close championships but when you see someone 80Kg lighter overtaking where is the appreciation of their skill? Much the same with the F1 artificial DRS - we still watch F1 but with a finger ont he skip button. If Valentino and Dani can provide a spectacle like they did (on equal bikes with no handicaps) you just need to find a way to get all 20 or so bikes closer in performance. Admittedly you then end up with such tight regs that it is basically a one make series and who watches those?

I'd rather watch Glen Irwin fail to win on his Gearlink than watching a dominant team rider win. He battles. Chris Walker at his best, Haydon on the Suzuki, Iannoni on anything, Jenson Button in F3 passing in places no one can to move from last to 3rd. Those are the people who make it more interesting.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

I like the fact that on the gp coverage they do focus on the action rather than the leader who buggers off into the distance.
With the amount me overtakes that can happen in the space of one lap it's usually an entertaining hours viewing.

Bring on Japan !
KTM 990 superduke R,
badgerKDD
Site Moderator

Post by badgerKDD »

Only 5 days to wait until practice 1 and 2 online in my workshop hehehe :D :D