Latest twist for Rossi's title quest

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
mike69
Learner Driver

Re: Latest twist for Rossi's title quest

Post by mike69 »

I would have liked to see the footage from Rossi's forward facing rear camera at Sepang. As far as I'm aware that has never been released perhaps it shows damning evidence that Dorna wanted to keep quiet.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

mike69 wrote:I would have liked to see the footage from Rossi's forward facing rear camera at Sepang. As far as I'm aware that has never been released perhaps it shows damning evidence that Dorna wanted to keep quiet.
Agreed - strange that, eh?
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

Not the most exciting race I have ever seen but tense. By the end of the race I wanted to shoot the commentators but that's not totally unknown for me. So biased. Yes, the penalty affected the way the championship was to be decided (trying to exclude spoilers just in case) but Rossi did something stupid. If that something was deliberate (and what happened was definitely not a surprise to him as he was watching marquez all the way) the penalty should have been his exclusion from the race but he definitely deserved some penalty even if it was a momentarily flash of idiocy (we've all had them). So the commentators kep moaning about poor valentino through the whole race. Also kept saying how the Hondas would definitely pass Lorenzo while he put everything he had into making that look less than a given. His comments after the race showed to me how well he rode and what he did (no looking at pit signals or anything just riding as fast as possible).

The other bits which annoyed me were the "lower" riders avoiding Rossi when a race is a race. Well done to Tech3 for not rolling over and playing dead like some others. Then how I felt maybe Marquez didn't push Lorenzo on the odd occasion he could have tried a pass. I don't think it would have changed anything in the end but Pedrosa is the one who came out looking good to me (again). I saw a car today with four bike numbers on it - 58, 46, 99 and 93. Respect the sentiment with 58 but I think Pedrosa has earned a place on that car.

Great season for MotoGP and BSB be though so I'm as 'appy as Kyo when is is very 'appy.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

You must have watched a different race to me!!

Only two people really jumped out of rossi's way, one of which was a wildcard. MM just cruised around behind JL the whole race, never attempting a pass. Dani rode well, faster than MM & JL for many laps, and yet despite him being faster than JL, MM was able to pass Dani back immediately the one time he got past?

Rossi got as far up as was possible, barring any of the other three crashing. But relied on the Hondas racing competitively, which didn't happen.

If Rossi had started on proper grid position, he may have diced for a podium better - he of all eople is able to pull something special out the gain race day, irrespective of qualifying.

If the front three had actually raced each other, they would have ridden slower and Rossi might have been closer at the end.

JL rode a flawless race, can't say other than that, but his post race comments do him no favours. It is possible to be a poor loser, he has just proven that. Sadly, being a true champion is more than just winning races - something he needs to learn.

As for MM - he's done himself no favours, has he? I do also think though, Rossi should have stayed quiet after the race, rather than fuel the fire further ....
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

TLS-Moose wrote:You must have watched a different race to me!!

Only two people really jumped out of rossi's way, one of which was a wildcard. MM just cruised around behind JL the whole race, never attempting a pass. Dani rode well, faster than MM & JL for many laps, and yet despite him being faster than JL, MM was able to pass Dani back immediately the one time he got past?

Rossi got as far up as was possible, barring any of the other three crashing. But relied on the Hondas racing competitively, which didn't happen.

If Rossi had started on proper grid position, he may have diced for a podium better - he of all eople is able to pull something special out the gain race day, irrespective of qualifying.

If the front three had actually raced each other, they would have ridden slower and Rossi might have been closer at the end.

JL rode a flawless race, can't say other than that, but his post race comments do him no favours. It is possible to be a poor loser, he has just proven that. Sadly, being a true champion is more than just winning races - something he needs to learn.

As for MM - he's done himself no favours, has he? I do also think though, Rossi should have stayed quiet after the race, rather than fuel the fire further ....

I have been trying to put my thoughts into words. Moose has just summed it up really. JL has sunk lower than low. Marquez has gone right down in my expectations. Turned out to be Spain v Italy tho Pedrosa was gunning it. Funny how Marquez found "a little extra" when Pedrosa passed him. My next visits to Motogp he will be booed by me, and if I had a gun........... X(

I also feel that all those GP fans that spent their hard earned cash to go see their heroes race were truly cheated. IMHO Rossi from the back of the grid should not have happened but then, he's not Spanish is he?
Running on MT
Dailaughing
Learner Driver

Post by Dailaughing »

Given that he caused another rider to fall off he had to have some sort of sanction. I also don't agree with the back of the grid but I would punish him in the race which it happened so that would have affected the championship even more. Rossi is still the GOAT in my ill-educated opinion but he did something silly and that cost him the championship.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

MM only fell off because he turned into Rossi. Any other rider would have dabbed the brakes and turned inside of Rossi to go ahead.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
mike69
Learner Driver

Post by mike69 »

HERO 2 ZERO.
I was hoping that Rossi would get his 10th championship until his outburst at the pre race press conference in Sepang. I think that Rossi could see his points advantage going into the final two races could be insufficient for the title and created a diversion by claiming Marques held him up in PI. Rossi could then blame someone else for losing the championship or if he still won it could boast that he won over all the odds. Unfortunately for him unlike Biaggi and Gibernau Marques reacted positively and undoubtably tried to keep Rossi back amongst the following pack at Sepang. I think at Valencia under normal circumstances Marques would have challenged for the lead but why help Rossi after his accusations.
Well done Marc you did exactly what I would have done shown up Rossi as a bully and the victory sign on the podium said it all !
Perhaps you have taught Rossi a harsh lesson.
mike69
Learner Driver

Post by mike69 »

goatpants wrote:
TLS-Moose wrote:You must have watched a different race to me!!

I have been trying to put my thoughts into words. Moose has just summed it up really. JL has sunk lower than low. Marquez has gone right down in my expectations. Turned out to be Spain v Italy tho Pedrosa was gunning it. Funny how Marquez found "a little extra" when Pedrosa passed him. M
y next visits to Motogp he will be booed by me, and if I had a gun........... X(
I also feel that all those GP fans that spent their hard earned cash to go see their heroes race were truly cheated. IMHO Rossi from the back of the grid should not have happened but then, he's not Spanish is he?
Have your view by all means but please don't behave like a football hooligan
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

mike69 wrote:HERO 2 ZERO.
I was hoping that Rossi would get his 10th championship until his outburst at the pre race press conference in Sepang. I think that Rossi could see his points advantage going into the final two races could be insufficient for the title and created a diversion by claiming Marques held him up in PI. Rossi could then blame someone else for losing the championship or if he still won it could boast that he won over all the odds. Unfortunately for him unlike Biaggi and Gibernau Marques reacted positively and undoubtably tried to keep Rossi back amongst the following pack at Sepang. I think at Valencia under normal circumstances Marques would have challenged for the lead but why help Rossi after his accusations.
Well done Marc you did exactly what I would have done shown up Rossi as a bully and the victory sign on the podium said it all !
I would say that if the Spanish are booing Spanish riders in Spain, then they probably didnt race fairly. Theres an unwritten rule between sportsmen, you should always try your hardest. It's like a Football team deliberately losing so another team can win the title, just because they don't like a certain team.

Clearly Rossi's outburst didnt work in the way he expected, rather than Marc listening and doing his own race he decides to spend the race messing with Rossi. Obviously Rossi made the wrong choice but I'm sure we'd all lash out if similar was happening to us. It then also went against him in the final race as clearly Marc didnt want to overtake Lorenzo so Rossi wouldnt win the title.

I think video shows who the riders respect: https://www.facebook.com/devino.class/v ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dailaughing
Learner Driver

Post by Dailaughing »

billinom8s wrote:MM only fell off because he turned into Rossi. Any other rider would have dabbed the brakes and turned inside of Rossi to go ahead.
I think we did definitely watch a different race two weeks ago then because I saw one where Rossi let himself drift wide leaving Marquez nowhere to go.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

At the expense of everyone else
Bully? I think not!
Elbow bashing is part of racing and he was interfering with the title race. I think Marquez needs to grow up and don't even get me started on that prick Lorenzo. X(
Running on MT
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Dailaughing wrote:
billinom8s wrote:MM only fell off because he turned into Rossi. Any other rider would have dabbed the brakes and turned inside of Rossi to go ahead.
I think we did definitely watch a different race two weeks ago then because I saw one where Rossi let himself drift wide leaving Marquez nowhere to go.
Yep he drifted out but nobody made mm keep the throttle open. A Rider of mm ability would be able to AND has many, many times, change direction on a sixpence.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
mike69
Learner Driver

Post by mike69 »

billinom8s wrote:
Dailaughing wrote:
Yep he drifted out but nobody made mm keep the throttle open. A Rider of mm ability would be able to AND has many, many times, change direction on a sixpence.
We will never know whether Marques ran into Rossi or Rossi pushed Marques handle bar which caused the crash but RD would not have issued Rossi a penalty just because they collided so in my opinion RD saw something which they did not want the public to see which was sufficiently serious to issue the penalty and likely to be the latter. As I previously posted I would like to see footage from Rossi"s FF rear camera which probably shows what happened.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver

Post by Dailaughing »

I agree Mike. If anything it was in race direction's interest NOT to penalise so to me it seems more likely justified than not. Yes, Marquez might have been able to ride off the track to avoid the incident but that's what I saw from some of the back markers in the last race and is often how Valentino gets his overtakes. Then when someone doesn't give in the way he expects it all goes wrong. It must be an incredible balance to try to maintain for him - aggression so that people expect to have to give way to him but staying on track and legal. He, like Shumacher used to, normally gets the balance right for winning but not this time (again as happened to Schumacher sometimes).