Pedrosa to Yamaha

Post by goatpants »

Running on MT
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Re: Pedrosa to Yamaha

Post by Dailaughing »

Might be interesting. Especially the knock on effect even if it isn't Cal.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

ITs silly season again! It'll be an interesting year next year if all these predictions come true though! I'm not quite sure why Dani has gone from 'the other' Honda rider, to 'the other' Yamaha rider? Must be working on lets get what I can from the cash pie before I bow out gracefully. I like the guy though, so maybe it'll be the change of bike he needs to get his final world title?
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/mot ... h-rumours/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking pretty dam certain... \m/ :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

badgerKDD wrote:ITs silly season again! It'll be an interesting year next year if all these predictions come true though! I'm not quite sure why Dani has gone from 'the other' Honda rider, to 'the other' Yamaha rider? Must be working on lets get what I can from the cash pie before I bow out gracefully. I like the guy though, so maybe it'll be the change of bike he needs to get his final world title?

I think there would have to be a lot of crashes and injuries for Dani to get a world championship. There are too many better riders in the paddock. Not saying he isn't a good rider, just saying I think he is set to always be the bridesmaid.
Shame really as because if Rossi wasn't able to claim another title I think the likes of DP would be the next peoples choice of champion.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

Danni has shown a couple of times he can perform at a higher level but he would need to do that every race to prove you wrong Simon.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator

Post by badgerKDD »

Yeah, for Dani to be World Champ is a long shot, but he definitely deserves a chance and maybe the smoother Yamaha would benefit his riding style more than the way the Honda is currently developing.

As for Crutchlow taking his place, hmmmm think Honda would prefer one of the new crop of emerging riders who can be Marques's understudy, Cal's obviously struggling with the Honda set up, even before the change to Michelin tyres as last season showed and his start this season has been uninspiring to say the least.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Dailaughing wrote:Danni has shown a couple of times he can perform at a higher level but he would need to do that every race to prove you wrong Simon.

a couple of times over 4 years does not make a champion though, saying that, Nicky Hayden won the championship but only won one race all season.

we will see....
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Red5 wrote:http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/mot ... h-rumours/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking pretty dam certain... \m/ :-bd
If it's in Mostly Contrived Nonsense then surely it must be true...? Wouldn't be at all like them to pick up on someone else's story and proclaim it as "exclusive gospel truth" without verifying it first would it?
Personally I'd like to see Dani win a championship in the top class. He was the only one of the "aliens" to emerge from Sepang-gate last season with any dignity and he's a sound guy. It's only Marquez' mercurial talent that's getting the Honda anywhere near the front at the moment, and on Sunday at Le Mans Dani's bike was the only Honda that didn't crash.
Cal to Repsol? I doubt it somehow, his track record in recent seasons isn't what Nakamoto et al will be looking for. Have to laugh really, go back three seasons and Cal's on the Tech3 Yamaha, getting fairly regular podium places and pronouncing "I need to be on a Factory bike". He gets his move to Ducati and manages one podium in a damp race at Aragón (in which Rossi, Iannone, Dovi and both the Repsol Hondas crashed) and in the year that MM93 is wiping the floor with everyone Cal pronounces that he "must be on a Honda". He gets his wish and produces a 3rd place in his 2nd race at Argentina, but since then hasn't really been in sight of a podium. Admittedly, he hasn't been helped by Honda making the bike difficult to ride, and then the double whammy of new tyres and electronics this season. Unlike previous seasons, Cal's been quite circumspect in his appraisal of the bike, maybe he is coveting the Repsol ride and knows that criticising the company's product is not tolerated. The problem is, the Honda has gone from being the bike everyone wanted to being the one nobody except Marquez can ride, and even he's struggling with it. It must be demoralising for talents such as Tito Rabat and Jack Miller to be struggling at the back of the field all the time, wishing they were on Ducatis or more likely, Yamahas.
If Dani does leave Honda I can only really see him going to Yamaha, and the sweetest handling of all the bikes out there will suit his tidy style very well.
Next round at Mugello, and a lot of announcements will be made, including who will partner Lorenzo at Ducati. Neither of the Andreas helped their chances by crashing out on Sunday, but it would be interesting to learn how much say Lorenzo actually has in the choice of team mate. Personally I think would be amusing to see Lorenzo getting beaten by Dani on his old bike. Who knows, it might happen...
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
badgerKDD
Site Moderator

Post by badgerKDD »

Well. that really 'shot the fox'! ;)

So Dani stays at Honda, Dovi stays, Ianonne goes....to Suzuki and Vinales will be at Yamaha.......hmmmm MCN's ace pit reporter might need to keep schtum before quoting rumours as definites :D .