Guy Martin joins McGuinness in Honda TT squad

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
layne
Learner Driver

Guy Martin joins McGuinness in Honda TT squad

Post by layne »

Pleased for Guy -

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news- ... a-tt-squad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
#152 Straights are for fast bikes. Corners are for fast riders
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Re: Guy Martin joins McGuinness in Honda TT squad

Post by Dailaughing »

I saw that. Should be good to see what happens with what might be the last team he really competes with at the TT. Also interesting to see what the Norton does if Brookes feels comfortable on it. A decent show and their own engine coming up...

Presuably you can't sneak into Castle Combe in April to see the Honda practise sessions?
Croddman
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Croddman »

Will be interesting as he been getting a lot of stick for not doing the TT over the last couple of years

Wish all the riders the best but will be hoping he does well
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LN3yf.jpg[/img]

Riding With Style

Mehhhhhh SpongeBob............
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

As much as Neil Tuxworth comes across as smug, I think he could give Guy enough slack but at the same time keep him motivated doing the training/practice as well as just enough corporate stuff and get the results he, GM & Honda are looking for.

Remember he did the same with Joey who also wasn't keen on his non-riding duties.

As much as I like Guy, was aware of him before his fame, I can't help but feel he comes across as a little hypocritical - shying away from publicity yet releasing books & appearing on TV. He just needs to embrace the fact he is now a celebrity more than a lorry mechanic and to stop bleating this argument.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver

Post by Dailaughing »

I agree completely Graham. He expects to turn up, get on the bike and do well. Maybe when he was younger that worked but not any more so he pushes too hard and falls off. He's probably too old to develop the discipline to develop a bike but maybe not. I do love the contrast between him and McGuinness which could end up a disaster or a genius pairing I have no idea which.
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

FYI, Tux's has retired but i expect he'll be there as he did for Macau.
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

MCN interviewed Tuxworth who made the point he lived near GM & they had a gentleman's agreement etc for him to ride.

But then again it was MCN, never let the facts get in the way of a story.

Looking forward to Southern 100 even more now as Guy seems to do better in mass start races.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver

Post by Dailaughing »

But not the Ulster last time.

Although we were there that year though and everyone was falling off for some reason. Except Glen Irwin who normally falls off.

Incidentally if anyone has never been to a road race do it. Not just for the thrill of being within inches of the bikes as they go past at 150mph (which gets tiring pretty quickly!) but because of the access to riders, circuit and teams. Talking to Hutchy's chief mechanic about the gear linkage issues he had while actually kneeling by the bike in question was better than a whole weekend at a BSB meet (which I love). Riding the circuit before and after the races really brings home how insane these guys (including Guy) really are and how much fun it must be to get it right. I haven't been to enough to recommend the best but if the TT is a bit too much aggravation I would suggest the Ulster as it is twenty minutes from Belfast with loads of good viewing spots and the locals are great. Not quite as many top riders as the NW200 but a much more interesting circuit.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Having been off the roads for so long, and after such a major off, and returning on a brand new bike (to the team, as well as him), one has to wonder how competitive he will be straight off ........ And he seems to get disillusioned quickly if he feels things aren't just so .....
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
layne
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

He has been riding recently in New Zealand