Jay Cadwell Park Endurance Round 2 Report

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Jay Cadwell Park Endurance Round 2 Report

Post by Jay »

HI all,
Well that's Cadwell Park done.... A weekend of issues for the team.
We arrived on Thursday evening for the evening trackday session to remind ourselves how the track goes.....
Thursday evening i dropped the forks and rear shock from the bike for a service and collect them friday morning.
Friday morning came and the test day began Andy and Pete were putting in great times with me waiting for my forks and rear shock, i went to collect them, only to be told that one of my forks is fooked due to the rebound shaft wasn't connected and therefore smashed the thread to bits resulting in me having to buy new forks.... the rear shock was refitted and i set off i search for forks, result... i had to travel to Doncaster to collect them, then raced back to Cadwell for the K-Tech guy to do his magic.... He was able to use my K-Tech internals in the new forks and i must say the bike has never felt so good.
I managed just 1 session late on Friday evening with the bike being a completely different and more planted than ever before.
Saturday we Qualified 23rd out of 36 which was also the fastest novice team, so we were very happy.
Race....
Pete made a great start and made up 5 places from the start and he was putting in great times...., However he came in early and caught us off guard so Andy went out and settled in quickly, but his oil filter came loose and he had to stop out on circuit.... He couldn't get the transponder back to the pits, so we were hit with a 15 minute penalty, so i had to wait until that time had expired before i could head out.....
Pete and i did the rest of the race which was about 2 1/2 hours..... We finished 12th in our class, without our unfortunate events we could of grabbed the trophy for fastest newcomers.

Next round is Anglesey on the weekend of the 11th May, so hopefully we will have an uneventful weekend.

Jay
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Jay Cadwell Park Endurance Round 2 Report

Post by Ruffian »

Christ jay that is unfortunate series of events.

Wonder how long your forks have been disconnected for?? Hopefully next race you get better luck!
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Sounds an expensive weekend of racing. Glad you managed to get out on track but what a shame that you missed out on the fastest newcomers trophy.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
shammy666
Learner Driver

Post by shammy666 »

Great result considering the events. Wondered what had happened when your number went missing on TSL. Not nice temperatures to ride in either 🥶
Good to see you.
You’ll have to get the newcomers trophy next round 👍