LWR Gerry (Leather Alterations)

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

David Brown
Learner Driver

LWR Gerry (Leather Alterations)

Post by David Brown »

LWR - Gerry

Just thought i would let everyone know about the excellent work ive have had done to my new race leathers!!

Well i bought a cracking set of race leathers Alpinestars RC1 size 44 this is one of their top of the range one peice race leathers.
Looked on the internet for a local expert on leather alterations especially thats worked on motorcycle leathers. Came across a limited number of companies and the one that really stood out was LWR this was mainly because thier were a couple of good reviews on this web site and LWR was local, infact Plymouth 2 mile from where i live.
Decided to give LWR a call, Phone was answered by a lady called Gerry she was very helpfull and seemed to know a great deal about alterations etc, due to the expence of my leather this did put my mind at ease a little, Gerry arranged a date for my fitting.
On the day of the fitting again Gerry put my mind at ease explaining in great depth the work that would be required on my leathers this was going to be a big job (shortening of the body, legs/knee position, arms,zips etc) wow loads of work, Gerry assured me that this would be no problem! Hard to believe!!!!!
Three weeks later i received a call from Gerry saying that your leathers are ready, On the way to Gerrys i really didnt know what to expect! But deep down i knew that this lady knew her stuff!
WOW! are them my leathers i could see! They were! WOW! i said to Gerry you cant even tell any work had been done to then, what an excellent job the cut and the stitching was a perfect match!
A quick chat with Gerry then i tried my leathers on (this was the test!) Well what a perfect fit, these leathers are now like a made to measure suit i was well impressed!!!!!
And what very excellent price for the work i was over the moon with this lady.
I am a bit of a perfectionist and Gerry as done me proud.

Just remember if you need alterations to your leathers go to LWR - Gerry
Dont take a risk else where!

Thanks Gerry from a very happy customer.......
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: LWR Gerry (Leather Alterations)

Post by billinom8s »

Gerry is the person that everyone goes to. Her price list is up on the site and swb members get a discount !

The work she does is always first class and repeat custom is assured. She makes a damn fine cup of tea too.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
HOOTER
Learner Driver
First Name: Brian

Post by HOOTER »

I have just got to give you guys my opinion of Gerry and her leather repairs. If there is anyone better in the UK I would be very surprised. I traveled from South Wales to Plymouth for Gerry to sort out a pair of Willie G Harley chaps, I have made some idiotic decisions in my life but this certainly wasn't one of them . After a warm welcome and a cup of tea and a chat she looked at the chaps and a couple of other items including a full length leather coat which I think was from the wartime period (Not sure but probably the war of the Roses by the smell of the bloody thing) she saw what needed doing and advised a few other things.Off I go back to the land of song secretly hoping she didn't catch something horrible from the old coat. A couple of weeks pass and she gives me a ring so I at least I know if she did catch something it wasn't terminal.Two days later I received my chaps, the old stinky coat, and a Vanson jacket, I couldn't wait to get the box open and what did I see....................Only perfection, that's all the chaps were perfect, the Vanson Jacket was perfect , and guess what the old offensive coat was given another 50 years life as well. A sincere thanks to you Gerry. I just love people that are excellent in what they do and I found it in Gerry. I cannot thank the forum enough for guiding me to her. And Gerry you cant be bettered in my view, thanks again. The tea was great, and the dog was "Mad". 20 big Stars . Brian.
gray
Learner Driver
First Name: Graham

Post by gray »

She is awesome :D , had two lots of leathers done and just about to return with a one piece for serious alterations,
God blessed me with these short legs :D
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Has anyone got any pictures of the before and after of these repairs and modifications?
KTM 990 superduke R,
gray
Learner Driver
First Name: Graham

Post by gray »

No , but I will do it with this new one piece :D
HOOTER
Learner Driver
First Name: Brian

Post by HOOTER »

billinom8s wrote:Has anyone got any pictures of the before and after of these repairs and modifications?
No point of photographs of gerrys alterations . .......You cant see em , she really is that good.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

i know but if you have something that is battered and worn and then all of a sudden it's not it shows just how good the repair is.
KTM 990 superduke R,
tony191273
Learner Driver
First Name: tony

Post by tony191273 »

need 2inches adding to chest and waist area on new RST leathers can I post them and what's the turn around time ?
thanks

tony
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

yes you can, it all depends on how busy she is. best to give her a call.

this time of year lots of leathers seem to have shrunk over the winter so she gets busy. :erm:
KTM 990 superduke R,
LWR GERRY
Learner Driver
First Name: Gerry

Post by LWR GERRY »

billinom8s wrote:yes you can, it all depends on how busy she is. best to give her a call.

this time of year lots of leathers seem to have shrunk over the winter so she gets busy. :erm:

Thanks Simon,
Yes, I really am that busy so I would like to thank you all for being patient with me.

(MattG I've tried to contact you but you have your PM's switched off)
Give me a call and book early to avoid missing out on getting your leathers or textiles fixed :)

Thanks peeps :-bd
[img]http://i6.tinypic.com/11v09r4.png[/img]
MattGreaves
Learner Driver
First Name: Matt

Post by MattGreaves »

Gerry - sorry I didn't realise they were turned off! Back on again now! It was only to drop my leathers off with you so you can do them whenever!
2016 MV Agusta F3 800
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Hi Gerry

Just a question really I have a Dainese leathers and looking to get some patches and my name on the back. Is this something you do?

Cheers Jimbo
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

yes it is, last time i was down there she was saying that this was something she was doing now.

i would get someone elses name on the back though cos if someone sees you being naughty on the road and you have your name plastered across it they will be able to tell plod exactly who it was by their leathers. :)): :)):
KTM 990 superduke R,
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Good point will think of a secret code name :)):
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)