Muddy Wheels Trials Biking

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

thelastsuperpower
Learner Driver

Muddy Wheels Trials Biking

Post by thelastsuperpower »

First post in a million years I know, but thought I'd recommend this place. :D

http://www.muddy-wheels.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Me and a few mates went t'other day and was a fantastic experience. If you every fancied having a go at a bit of off-roading that doesn't involve going as fast as possible then check it out.

Basically for £150 you get a trials bike, gear and instruction(if needed) for a whole day. Its a relaxed, informal atmosphere and helluva good fun for absolute novices or pros. Its situated on a farm nr Bude and has a good mix of quarry climbs and woodland climbs/trails and rocky river sections, so loads to do.

The best bit is if you enjoy it so much you want to get your own trials bike, you can go ride there for FIVE pounds for the whole day!

No negatives as such, but if you're expecting a professionally run setup you might be disappointed - this is one guy's side business so don't be surprised if he pulls out a bag of crispy, dirty gloves for you to wear :shock: :)
Despite that, he's very friendly and knowledgeable and takes your safety very seriously.

Get a few mates together and give it a try, you'll love it 8)
Bikeless again :/
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Muddy Wheels Trials Biking

Post by billinom8s »

hello strtanger !

sounds like a bit of a giggle, what bikes does he run ?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
thelastsuperpower
Learner Driver

Post by thelastsuperpower »

At the minute he's got a round 5 or so bikes, we were riding Beta rev3 200's and a scorpa 250. As it's just him doing the running and maintaining, some bikes were in better state than others but all perfectly useable and more than capable for our skill level!
He's considering getting rid of them for a fleet of (modified) Beta Alps so he could incorporate the green laning side of it into the package.

Looking on ebay at the minute, nothing wrong with dreaming :ymdaydream: :wink:
Bikeless again :/
richiec
Learner Driver

Post by richiec »

Sounds brilliant !

I'm up for a session if anyone else fancies it.