Surfplugs.co.uk

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Surfplugs.co.uk

Post by Red5 »

Have been looking at a set of personalised moulded ear plugs recently, primarily to prevent halt the surfers ear from my kayaking exploits. But also thinking they may well be good for the bike to. As it happens one of my kayaking buddies has started surfplugs.co.uk . Based just North of Crediton so local ish, if a tad off the beaten path. You can get moulds done there, or not sure how far they'll come to you. The reports from the kayaking world is excellent for fit, comfort and prevents water ingress well. As for the sound when on a bike, I'll let you know when I have my set and tried them. On all accounts, they should be just the job from what the guys and gals are sayingIf anyone is wondering they are on 07969188529. Tracy or Neil Bennet.

Getting my set very soon so will let you know how I get on...

%-( :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Surfplugs.co.uk

Post by Ruffian »

I had a set for shooting and were brilliant until I lost one,
(How I don't not know but of well)

Do you know how much a set would be or would it be best to speak to them directly there nick??
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Yeah, I'd be interested too Nick. And what Ruffian said, as in 'any prices?'
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

I had a look through the website robbo and

1st set is £79.99 (but may cost extra if can't make it to them for mould making as other places may change upto £30 for molds to be made) (there out in Copplestone just past crediton)

2nd set once moulds are made are £49.99

Moulds are kept for 3 years if needed any more.

The nice thing is that the leashes to keep them as a pair are a free upgrade also as is the 2/3 colour combos. (Other companies usually charge extra for these also)

If you want a graphic on it, it's a extra £10.

The full prices etc are on the download able order form.

I know nick is getting his set "fitted" very soon and have already put a couple of thoughts in motion.
Just waiting for his feedback first. :-bd
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Thanks for the info' there Ruffian. I missed Nick's cunningly hidden website address for the plugs but will check it out dreckly.
First thoughts are that; as I don't ever wash my ears with seawater nowadays, and I gave up on the shootin' thing when I left the Army, I could buy an awful lot of disposable lugplugs with that kind of money. Or a nice new Pirelli 120/70 ZR17 ready for Llandow!
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

See I do shoot, use motorcycles and others and damaged my ears quite alot when growing up at concerts etc.

Must start looking after myself :oops:
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Ruffian wrote:See I do shoot, use motorcycles and others ........................................ etc.

Must start looking after myself :oops:
.... and I always thought it was the eyesight that went wonky - well it was with me anyway :8o)): B-)
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Jamos
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jamos »

Good shout Nick, I surf and used to Kayak.. these look great expensive though, so do they definitely work!? Where do you get them fitted specsavers??
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Jamos wrote:Good shout Nick, I surf and used to Kayak.. these look great expensive though, so do they definitely work!? Where do you get them fitted specsavers??
I'll let you know when I get them but all my mates rate them for the kayaking. I'm looking to use them for both kayaking and hopefully on the bike to. Though as said above, the 'Surfplugs' are not rated as a sound barrier, though the branded motorcycle ones have the approved CE mark, they manufactured with the same technique but cost shed loads more as the CE approval costs. The mouldings are done at their house in Copplestone, just a few miles north of crediton. Or I believe they'll come to you but charge for the privilege.

Their website http://www.surfplugs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Neil or Tracy Bennet. Top folk.
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

For anyone interested, These guys will be at the SouthWest canoe show, on the quay in Exeter,may 14th, offering free moulds, advice etc. While not a bike show, there's plenty of boats to try, demo and have giggle on the water if you fancy it.
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

Well, I tried them out at the weekend... great. Comfortable, great sound blocking or what ever the correct term is and can hear what people are saying still.
Are they worth the money..? If you're looking for personalised earplugs anyway, then yes! :D
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

Ok so now with having them for a little while now what can be said.

Great fitting and work really well, especially with wind noise of my arai and exhaust.
They haven't got lost yet so that's brilliant.

Would I recommend them.
Definitely!