Bike Safe

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Bike Safe

Post by Red5 »

After recently been on a days Police Bike Safe course, thought I'd post up just how brilliant I thought it was. Doesn't matter how good you think you are etc, These courses are great value, £35 and those guys are real world road users, who could more than likely kick an ass or 2 in track day fast groups to.
For that you get a morning tuition and discussion of some theory, which as a group, you get to steer it to a point then in the afternoon you get a good few hrs observed ride with a police biker who even when he's in front, observes thing you were or weren't doing.
Stop making excuses guys n gals and just book your course for 2017.

I think it's bikesafe.co.uk if not just google bikesafe.

:-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Bike Safe

Post by menzies3032 »

Did mine a while a go Nick but was very good and changed my road riding. I would also highly recommend for the money
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

I did a Rapid course. All serving or former police riders (most of them are track riders and they used to do track tuition as well. And if you think you're fast on your sports missile, just try shaking the buggers off). Equally useful but a lot more expensive. Good fun though and very useful for unlearning bad habits which is really difficult on your own, even if you know what those bad habits are.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
jock
Learner Driver
First Name: jock

Post by jock »

Did this 9 years ago and worth the price. You also get a certificate which is recognised in your insurance quotes! For newbie riders it's worth attending for road craft safety and even for some long time riders who may have got into bad habits especially If they took their test long before CBT and the other test updates since! :-bd
"Yay for bike life!" Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6