Helmet City in Cheddar

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

shammy666
Learner Driver

Re: Helmet City in Cheddar

Post by shammy666 »

menzies3032 wrote: Jan 17th, '20, 14:17 Wow that a deal and a half. Do you know if they stock X-lites as fin they fit my head well but don't normally have the funds to be able to buy there top of the range (sharp 5* rating) helmets so tend to go for the 4* sports touring helmets. Could do with an upgrade with all the track day stuff I am now doing.
Have a look on the main Helmet City site, if it’s on there phone Cheddar and they can order in for you. You cannot get a more helpful bike shop, will only take a couple of days for them to get in if they don’t have it there.
DaveH
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by DaveH »

I’ll be hopping over to the West Bay shop at some point this weekend to look at a new helmet :-)
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Thanks Shammy will take a look
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

The West bay shop is apparently a franchise of the cheddar one, and it changed hands before Christmas as the previous owners have semi retired.
It will be interesting to see if the new owners maintain the excellent customer service of previous ones .... They have had a high bar set for them B-)
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

menzies3032 wrote: Jan 17th, '20, 14:17 Wow that a deal and a half. Do you know if they stock X-lites as fin they fit my head well but don't normally have the funds to be able to buy there top of the range (sharp 5* rating) helmets so tend to go for the 4* sports touring helmets. Could do with an upgrade with all the track day stuff I am now doing.
Wont need to be waterproof then, just get the box they come in. 👍
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

:-j
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
DaveH
Learner Driver

Post by DaveH »

TLS-Moose wrote: Jan 17th, '20, 18:20 The West bay shop is apparently a franchise of the cheddar one, and it changed hands before Christmas as the previous owners have semi retired.
It will be interesting to see if the new owners maintain the excellent customer service of previous ones .... They have had a high bar set for them B-)
I spoke to them on the phone on Monday to check if they had what I’m after in stock - a discontinued black/bronze Arai open face helmet which they have in the sale (for hipster posing duties on my cafe racer ;-) and more seriously for my Royal Enfield trip to Nepal/Tibet in April). They were very helpful and have ordered the lid in my size from the central warehouse, extra cheek pads in case it needs adjusting and a selection of goggles for me to try as well. All of this with no obligation to buy when I see it. It all arrived at West Bay yesterday so I’ll be heading over there at some point this weekend. I’ll report back on how everything compares to the business under the old management.
DaveH
Learner Driver

Post by DaveH »

Well I was a little confused when I walked in as it was the same owner behind the counter. It turns out that he is just helping out on a part-time basis whilst the new owners hire new staff. He is looking forward to a quieter life just focussing on the cafe next door which he continues to own.