SWB Shropshire Weekender

Post your pics from rideouts and relive the days antics.

Moderator: Staff

Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

SWB Shropshire Weekender

Post by Smiler »

Fantastic weekend away with some of the SWBers!

Friday saw some of us heading up via a more scenic route than the M5, up through a chunk of Wales stopping off at Abergavenny and Honey Café at Bronllys

My rufty tufty bikers still need their creature comforts!
How terribly civilised!
of course, taken before too many beers and vinos :wink:
Huddle of bikes...if you look closely you'll see a Lesser Spotted Dessie :)):
Getting ready for the rideout on Saturday..
Clee Hill, stunning panoramic view from here
ooh look, we found a Hobbit! "can we keep him Dad, pleeeeease!?????" lol

Don't ask!! =)) Image
Iron Bridge...
It all got a bit too much....zzzz
You honestly think we'd NOT do cake??
Moosey!!
This is where we stayed :)):
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Re: SWB Shropshire Weekender

Post by TLS-Moose »

Great pics :)

no doubt the tall tales of derring-do will start shortly ....... or is it a case of "what happened in Shropshire stays in Shropshire ... " :wink: :))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

TLS-Moose wrote:....... or is it a case of "what happened in Shropshire stays in Shropshire ... " :wink: :))
Cant imagine what you mean Moose....a civilised quiet group of bikers enjoying a peaceful country pub, bed early and gentle bimbles through the countryside ....? :wink:

=))
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Smiler wrote:
TLS-Moose wrote:....... or is it a case of "what happened in Shropshire stays in Shropshire ... " :wink: :))
Cant imagine what you mean Moose....a civilised quiet group of bikers enjoying a peaceful country pub, bed early and gentle bimbles through the countryside ....? :wink:

=))

Hmmm ........ :^o :^o
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

A country pub with paper thin walls apparently.. don't you know =)) :))
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
randysway
Learner Driver
First Name: Randy

Post by randysway »

Nice bikes everyone. Looks like it was a great meet together. Where did you guys purchase the tail bags? What kinda tail bag is in the picture? I'm looking for something just the right size so it doesn't over power my daily ride...
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Dunno about the one in the pic you'll have to ask Smiler I think, but have you looked at http://www.kriega.com/tags/road" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not cheap, but versatile and adaptable. rarely see a bad review about them.
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Its an Oxford tailpack, not massively expensive but plenty of space for a week away... Its not sold as waterproof, and though I've never had a problem, if you were in any doubt just pack your stuff into plastic bags beforehand...simples :)):

Mr has Kreiga stuff and really likes it, but I find all the straps and clips a bit of a faff!!
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

randysway wrote:Nice bikes everyone. Looks like it was a great meet together. Where did you guys purchase the tail bags? What kinda tail bag is in the picture? I'm looking for something just the right size so it doesn't over power my daily ride...
No sure which ones you mean. The oxford hump back is great as a tail pack or tank bag, and has straps to work as a ruck sack for handy carrying around, though not water proof as smiler said. Mine, the triumph, is a Cargo tail pack. Bungies direct to the bike, using the points on pillion pegs and under the tail. I have a ventura luggage system which the 'cargo' straps to nicely, avoiding direct contact with the bike. As the oxford tail pack, don't rely on it been water proof, I always pack stuff in a bin liner.
Hope that helps.
\m/ :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..