Bike fell over

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Doddy

Bike fell over

Post by Doddy »

Bike fell off the bike stand this morning, left hand Ferrin scratched to f**k, gear peddle bent to f**k & unusable.....to top it off oil now dripping. F*****g pissed off.

Anyone know a good panel sprayer?
dan90210
Learner Driver
First Name: Dan

Re: Bike fell over

Post by dan90210 »

I cant help with the sprayer bit but I can moan along with you. Fcukin shitter, I'd be well pissed too. :evil:

A few weeks back someone reversed into Fizzers front wheel and shove it backwards up and over a kerb, luckily it stayed upright but I wasn't so lucky with the mudguard which is now cracked and rattles every time I go near a bump. The best bit though, the offender is a good friend of our neighbour whom we know very well and she denied all knowledge. Forking basssstards. There is even a touch of paint on my mudguard that is the same as her shitty car.

Hope you get it sorted without too much bother.
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

Cheers I'm bloody devastated, bike was immaculate until this. Left it on the stand while I shut the garage door & down she went. The oil dripping is a bit of a worry, haven't had chance to look yet.
dan90210
Learner Driver
First Name: Dan

Post by dan90210 »

Hopefully its just a bit of oil that has got into the breathers or something. Worst case the seal on the selector shaft could be dripping if the gear lever is really really shagged, could it have bent something like the shaft itself?

Keep looking on ebay for good or new panels.
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Pants :(

Could the slight oil leak be just where she's been over (like an overflow maybe?)

Anyhoo...found this...any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-triumph- ... 337f0d3c23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-SPRIN ... 4603fc7c71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lower fairing...is this the bit thats damaged?
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

Thanks guys, can get the panels re-sprayed, a friend of a friend has a paint shop.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

That sucks.... Might be cheaper to get some panels of flea bay
Running on MT
Doddy

Post by Doddy »

It's not to bad Mr G....£120 for the whole left hand fairing, mates of a mates rates l.