Some right fools out there

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
MCH
Learner Driver
First Name: Martyn

Some right fools out there

Post by MCH »

Was plodding along earlier minding my own business (on my way to Penzance) behind a car (wasn't safe to pass)

Then all of a sudden a green bike (think ninja, looked green and white) appeared from nowhere and shot past me, overtook the car I was behind and sqeezed through a gap between the car infront of me and an oncoming vehicle VERY VERY narrowly avoiding being flattened...

What the hell is wrong with some people? I just could not believe how close it was, surely nobody needs to be anywhere in that much of a rush!

After hearing the news of a biker killed on saturday in Penzance its just beggers belief how stupid some riders are!
scorcher
Learner Driver

Re: Some right fools out there

Post by scorcher »

Crazy fools in all aspects of life. Just stay out their way and let them get on with it.Their invincibility cloak will stop working at some point or another.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

Yep, seen it too often round the back roads down here. He/she probably came upon you and the car a bit sharpish and didn't have time to brake hard so went for the gap.

...........Thing is we've all done it, in some way or another,I know I did, when I was learning how much acceleration a bigger bike had , always felt very stupid after and lucky afterwards and tried to learn from the experience. Lets hope they do too ;) . Unfortunately some don't.
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
tony volusia
Learner Driver
First Name: tony

Post by tony volusia »

it is ok to say just stay out of there way and ignore them , but sadly there are more and more idiots on the roads these days .
i lost a really good mate not long ago when a idiot instead of stopping at a junction just drove straight out and wiped my mate out doctor said he would have been dead before he hit the ground , so no matter how careful we all are there is always some idiots out there not reading the same book
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Had a similar incident last Tuesday. Out for a bimble coming back from Shaldon towards Torquay and a green and white Ninja(surely not the same one.....) with a rider in shorts and trainers, shot past me and a Land Rover on the brow of a hill across solid whites, then slammed the barkes on so the Landie and myself had to brake, then his mate on another bike went past all of us again across solid whites and the pair of them sped off. Thing is, the Landie driver slowed to let me pass where it was safe and within 2 miles I was behind them again, as they couldn't seem to grasp the concept of cornering....

I leave the nutters to it nowadays. I too have had good friends get taken out by car drivers without getting tangled with bikers doing rash things.
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

If I feel the need to ride faster I go to the track.

By the way, this thread started in 2013.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

billinom8s wrote: Aug 6th, '20, 19:51 If I feel the need to ride faster I go to the track.

By the way, this thread started in 2013.
And the standard of riding hasn't improved in that time...
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Mr Tuscan
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Mr Tuscan »

Holy thread revival ;)
Use your awareness of others lack of ability to focus your own!

Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Methinks that a recent joiner has time on his hands and has been reading the archive of posts - good chap, learning a bit of the group's history :ymapplause:
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Might be an old post but a valid one. We all know that sports bikes can rival hyper car performance for a fraction of the price but the truth is if you try to on the road your asking for trouble. Hence why I sold mine this year and am currently trying out middle weight naked for the road.

As Billinom8s said if you want to put the hammer down and be riding around in triple figures head to the track. The UK is so lucky to have access to so many track days we are nuts if we don’t use them
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I was out going over the Moors this morning at 6 and it was lovely, riding gear kept me warm and Safe. By the time I'd got home I'd seen two sport riders in shorts but leather jacket, one of them even stuck their knee out going round a bend!
What the actual f ?????
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

Going to top you all driving home from work back into the village Westonzoyland and a bike on a cruiser came in the opposite side of the road in his denim cut and NO HELMET! Maybe because he is such a massive one he felt no need to wear one. 🤔
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Tvrv37 wrote: Aug 8th, '20, 21:29 Going to top you all driving home from work back into the village Westonzoyland and a bike on a cruiser came in the opposite side of the road in his denim cut and NO HELMET! Maybe because he is such a massive one he felt no need to wear one. 🤔
Sorry Phil, I have to top even that; on today's 'Grey One's' rideout, Roy wasn't wearing his usual two pairs of jeans and three pullovers under his textiles!!! :80: :shock: :80: . Mind you he made up for it by wearing two neck warmers, ski gloves and stuffing a plastic bag under his jacket to keep the nasty cold wind at bay :) .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.