Aviva insurance, Pants!

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Wildone
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

Aviva insurance, Pants!

Post by Wildone »

Thought I would share this with all here as it may make you smile. :)

Am travelling to Europe for a couple of weeks in June and so contacted my insurance brokers Devitt ([Censored]) so they could ask Aviva to issue green card docs.

I have a multi bike policy as I ride different bikes for different purposes, I explained in detail that I needed the green card for the Yamaha tourer and gave them the reg number. A week passed and nothing so I chased them again, apologies made by polite young lady who said she would personally sort it for me, two days later the docs arrived. Yes you guessed it the wrong bike was listed, they had covered my old Triumph which probably wouldn't make the trip even on a good day. :? :80:

After two telephone calls and several emails I was assured it would get sorted and they confirmed the correct registration of the vehicle in writing by email to me.

Imagine my total disbelief when the green card arrived this morning with........ yes you guessed it the wrong registration number again, this time they covered my old Harley.

Well all I can say is it's a good job I decided to sort this out well in advance of my trip. :-\
graham22
Learner Driver

Re: Aviva insurance, Pants!

Post by graham22 »

Surprised they've agreed to issue a green card as these are no longer required, most Aviva certificates come with EU wording on the rear anyway.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Swinton just screwed me out of a wedge. Would seem insurance companies are feeling a bit arsey at the moment.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

You actually still need green card cover in most of Europe and it needs to specify countries covered, no one will currently cover Bosnia so cover for this needs sorting at the border as you enter. Above charge 30 quid to issue a green card.
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

That's wrong, there is no longer such a document. Most certificates have EU RTA wording, Spanish Bail Bond wording usually in the policy if not on the certificate.

Who's charging the £30.00 for a green card or is that to extend the policy for fully comp foreign use?
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

Aviva have issued a European policy card as this is needed or you will be turned away at the border of most European countries. Aviva levied the charge directly through my under writer.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Wildone wrote:Aviva have issued a European policy card as this is needed or you will be turned away at the border of most European countries. Aviva levied the charge directly through my under writer.

Really :80: you know, in 25+ years of riding bikes in Europe I've never been asked for my insurance documents once? Plus, the only EU borders I know of where you actually have to stop nowadays is Andorra (and maybe Switzerland, though not last time I went ....) and of course good old blighty :roll:

the customs guys mustn't like the cut of your jib :wink: :)) :))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Running on MT
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

I can't get Aviva to cover me at all for the two days riding through Bosnia, so will have to get third day insurance at he bloody border. :( Naffing insurance companies are all bandits. :x