filling station turds

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Wildone
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

filling station turds

Post by Wildone »

Stopping for fuel at Tour's Budgens on the A38 at Churchill Somerset today I was instructed to remove my helmet before I would be allowed fuel, once again it seems all bikers are criminalized and the assumption that if you are wearing a helmet you must be going to fill up and ride off without paying. I simply rode to the next station 3 miles down the road and filled up without removing my lid. If you have the misfortune to be low on fuel near any of the Budgens run stations please try to fill up somewhere else if possible. Hit these prejudices where it does most good....in their profit margins.
cobrabuilder
Learner Driver
First Name: Darren

Re: filling station turds

Post by cobrabuilder »

We had another one yesterday in morrison's at bude , there new policy now is not only do you have to take your helmet off they won't let you fill up sat on the bike?
IT'S ONLY METAL HIT IT HARDER !!!!!!!
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

Never been asked to take my helmet off in morrisons bude , did get told not to sit on bike once , silly moo did not recognise me , she was a barmaid in the local pub as well, Took her while to click a couple of nights later when i told I hope she was not thinking of sitting down to pour my beer
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

What gets me is seeing some spotty youth in a hoodie or baseball cap with sunnier on filling up his hot hatch but they don't discriminate against them yet, their are statistically more drive offs by this type of vehicles. Feck to Tout's Budgens, they've had their last quid out of this puppy. :evil:
burnthouse
Learner Driver
First Name: Terry

Post by burnthouse »

Suprised that bikers actually put crap fuel from supermarkets in their bikes. My rule is the higher the octane the better.
As for helmet always take it off always have...
Some helmets are awkward. ..I've a shark vision r and its easy to undo buckle... hjc I once owned was really awkward.
Would recommend new shell nitro+ fuel may cost more but I get more miles per tank as fuel is more responsive.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll............... I had a chat with a shell tanker driver once at a burger wagon :| He told me that the fuel is the same and that he supplies morrisons :-??
Running on MT
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

Having ridden most things and currently own 5 bikes of varying type I have never notice any difference from fuel bought anywhere. :?:
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

I dont think I've ever had a problem in filling up .....you lot must look right dodgy I reckon :wink:

O:-)

:mrgreen:
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
Wildone
Learner Driver

Post by Wildone »

Smiler wrote:I dont think I've ever had a problem in filling up .....you lot must look right dodgy I reckon :wink:

O:-)

:mrgreen:
:D maybe it's the being individual.... you know dressing in black leather etc so that we look different from other bikers. :)):
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

sainsbury's in taunton and exeter have both refused to switch on pump until i took my lid off.

that was a while ago though. as has been said, it's funny how hoodies, hats and car drivers can get away with hiding their faces.

how come passengers in cars are able to get out and fill the tank while the driver remains behind the wheel ?

but you understand it's nothing against bikers, the cameras on the forecourt are only there for YOUR protection you understand, not at all for number plate retrieval ;)
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

the Tesco fuel station at Cullompton are bad for refusing to turn on the pump until you remove your helmet, the woman was really quite stroppy with me last time I was there. BUTTTTTTTT...... if you fill up at the very far left they can't see you from the tills, so you fill up, walk in with your lid on, hey presto! One pissed off Nazi, but nothing they can do :)) :)) :)) !

Amusingly, I have never had any problem in Cornwall. No station, whether private or supermarket, has ever even commented on keeping my lid on :D .
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

badgerKDD wrote:the Tesco fuel station at Cullompton are bad for refusing to turn on the pump until you remove your helmet, the woman was really quite stroppy with me last time I was there. BUTTTTTTTT...... if you fill up at the very far left they can't see you from the tills, so you fill up, walk in with your lid on, hey presto! One pissed off Nazi, but nothing they can do :)) :)) :)) !

Amusingly, I have never had any problem in Cornwall. No station, whether private or supermarket, has ever even commented on keeping my lid on :D .
i heard of one bloke somewhere had done that walked into shop with his helmet on and the assistant said they would not take the money from him unless he took his helmet off , He just said can i have that in writing please , then i will be off with my free fuel
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

badgerKDD wrote:Amusingly, I have never had any problem in Cornwall. No station, whether private or supermarket, has ever even commented on keeping my lid on :D .

Ever thought there might be a reason they prefer Cornish men to keep their helmets on????? =)) =)) =))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

TLS-Moose wrote:
badgerKDD wrote:Amusingly, I have never had any problem in Cornwall. No station, whether private or supermarket, has ever even commented on keeping my lid on :D .

Ever thought there might be a reason they prefer Cornish men to keep their helmets on????? =)) =)) =))
most probably the same as why middle eastern women wear Bhurkas :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hunter S Thompson
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

Considering I grew up in Devon I have no concerns in that department :ymsmug: :ymsmug: :ymsmug: ........ :)) :)) :))
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .