MCE 15month policies vs RAC breakdown

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
burnthouse
Learner Driver
First Name: Terry

MCE 15month policies vs RAC breakdown

Post by burnthouse »

I ran out of fuel 9th of March... I know very silly, but sometimes you think 'I'll make it to the next garage' but not this time... 5 miles short... Loops
Anyway, that's not why I'm here... as part of my insurance I get RAC roadside assistance cover for the duration of my policy... allegedly. So I call up RAC give them my reg number and they say 'sorry your policy expired 2nd March'... which is 12months from start of policy, I said 'No... no... my insurance is a 15month policy with MCE' ... 'Not according to our records, sorry nothing we can do'.
So... Ok... ... as I was on a B road somewhere between Callington and Plusha in Cornwall I was not keen on leaving bike by roadside unattended. Hence the need for roadside assistance. I was lucky this time it was just petrol and I was aided by friendly biker so disaster averted.
I rang MCE on Wednesday to ask them whether I was covered by RAC... Yes apparently... at this point I've lost my patience, but remain calm... must be s mistake ring RAC and they said'mot a cording to our records... This continued for some hours... Until I lodged an official complaint... were upon I was asked what it is that I wanted... am I covered by RAC... Yes.. So what else do you want... Stunned I replied reassurance, an apology in writing... Well its not our fault its RAC, funny coz RAC say its MCEs fault.
So Friday get a call from RAC customer care team... they say 'I've just spoken to some guy from an insurance company I think (that's his exact words) I believe you want to make a complaint.. Yes I said... Ok I can't help the breakdown complaints department only open 9-5 Mon to Fri.. Its now 5.50 pm... I can give you the number and you can call them...
Seriously you would think I'd bought insurance from a company run by a six form college... as for RAC 'well it wasn't me it was him' maybe it was bring your child to work day and they answered the phone while daddy was playing jump rope with his mates.
At this point it is unresolved... I urge you if with MCE on a 15month policy phone RAC and make sure they are aware that you are insured for 15months and that you are covered... Coz breakdown is not the best time to find that you aren't.
5Litres
Learner Driver
First Name: james

Re: MCE 15month policies vs RAC breakdown

Post by 5Litres »

Good shout!

Im in the same boat, and was thinking about this on sunday..
Im going to give them a ring and find out if Im coverd. my 12 0f 15 months is up at the end of this month
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Re: MCE 15month policies vs RAC breakdown

Post by badgerKDD »

I'm with the AA through my bank account extras, can't fault their service! They got me home the last time I headed North of the Tamar and lost my front sprocket near Okehampton, nice mechanic and decent phone operators. Crap phone and customer service is not acceptable these days, I would definitely follow up your complaint, but in writing to the RAC Customer Services and include the miserable sod who called you, in your complaint.
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .