NHS !!

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Andy900
Learner Driver
First Name: Andy

NHS !!

Post by Andy900 »

As said in another thread, I had to go to Southampton on the 8th for a biopsy, well, it got cancelled, so I got a bus, train then lift back from Dorch.

So this morning, 15th, left home at 5.30am in a hospital car, for 7.30am at the day surgery, but would have to wait in a chair until they were ready, at 4.00pm, SORRY, can't do it today, get a Taxi home using this paper, Ok, the fare came to £128 !!

And the surgeon is on holiday next week, after taking all of September off, probably working for BUPA !!

So no new date set, I first saw the surgeon on the 19th August, taking the pi55 now !! :evil: :evil:
If you don't ask, you don't get !

Andy.

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: NHS !!

Post by billinom8s »

Sounds about right. I first say the surgeon in Feb and got the op on Last day of july
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

My father spent most of the last year saying "but I haven't got any pain there the pain is just here" and waiting three months at a time for exploratory ops which only just now found out to our great surprise that the problem wasn't what they thought and could have been treated a year ago.

The NHS can be/has been great but, like my field - education, has probably been ruined for good now.
Andy900
Learner Driver
First Name: Andy

Post by Andy900 »

This is my letter to my MP.

Hello, I am writing to inform you of a problem that I have been having with the NHS.

Point 1 :-

After a motorcycle accident on the 15th June 2014, I was given an appointment to return to the hospital several weeks later, to see a haematologist, no idea why. So I went to the appointment, only to be told that on the CT scan after my accident it showed abnormal lymph nodes, and it could either be Emphysema or lymphoma, The Dr Moosa was very upset that I reacted so shocked, and said that I should have been informed when I was discharged after the accident.

Point 2 :-

I was given an appointment for a consultation to see a surgeon at Dorchester Hospital, but that the operation would be at Southampton, that was on the 19th August 2014, he explained that he could either go in above the breast bone, or under the arm between the ribs, which would be better because he would have access to the abnormal lymph nodes by this method. So we agreed on this course of action.
After waiting several weeks I contacted the Hospital to find out if a date had been set, only to be told that the surgeon was on holiday for three weeks in September, I did finally get a date, the 8th October 2014.

Point 3 :-

I was not informed before going into hospital that I would be advised not to drive for 3 – 4 weeks, I had intended to drive up and leave the car at a friends house and make my way to the hospital from there, as EVEN if you are having treatment you still have to pay ??
So my brother in law offered to drive me up, luckily.

Point 4 :-

I went in on the 7th for the pre-op, waited all day the 8th, showered, changed into the gown, and was ready, only to be told at 5.00pm that it had been cancelled, I stayed overnight and the following day got a bus from the hospital to the station a train to Dorchester then someone picked me up from there.

Point 5 :-

A new appointment was made for the 15th October 2014, 7.30am, surgical day patients Dept.
I booked a hospital car (on advice from the nurse) to get me to this new appointment, having a journey of 65 miles, meant leaving home at 5.45am.
I arrived on time, was put in a room with 4 other people, ALL ofwhich were also returning after having procedures cancelled already, one on his third attempt !
Well after sitting in a chair, no bed to lie on, until 14.00 I was told to have my shower and be ready for my operation, this I did. At 16.00 someone came and told me “Sorry, but you will have to come back as we can't do your operation today.” So I asked for something to eat as I had been fasting for the Op since 19.00 the day before, was given a sandwhich.
Then someone gave me a docket to entitle me to a Taxi home. I went outside got a taxi and made my way home, the fare for the Taxi was £128....
I have been told the surgeon is on holiday again next week, so unsure when the next attempt will be ?

Point 6 :-

I rang the Hospital before going to find out if there was free Wi-Fi, to be told that you pay for a bundle that included, Television, internet and free calls to landlines. So I did not take my laptop, in the 2 different wards I was on this facility was not available.
So on my second visit I took my laptop to watch DVD's.

Point 7 :-

When my notes were on the able next to my bed I saw a post-it stuck to the front with a note saying “Please try to fit Mr Rae in as he has called several times and so has Dr Moosa from Dorchester, as you have Mrs XXX down for the 4th and 8th of October perhaps you could use one of the slots ?” Or words to that effect... Meaning that if someone had not put a name in his schedule twice, I might still be waiting.
If you don't ask, you don't get !

Andy.