For Sharing

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

For Sharing

Post by MellowYellow »

x
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: For Sharing

Post by ptolemyx »

Reminds me of learning to drive in Bristol. Instructor advises, "Dither, indicate, go the other way!"

And the other one was, "When joining a dual carriageway or motorway you must stop at the ""give way"" lines at the end of the slip road!"
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Belladonna

Post by Belladonna »

ptolemyx wrote:Reminds me of learning to drive in Bristol. Instructor advises, "Dither, indicate, go the other way!"

And the other one was, "When joining a dual carriageway or motorway you must stop at the ""give way"" lines at the end of the slip road!"
When joining you must! give way to traffic on the motorway. Many people that are approaching slip road think it's their right to join motorway as soon as possible and that whoever is in lane 1 need to get out of their way and let them join in. No it's their right way not yours. You should sit and wait at the give way line like you would at any other junction. I plan ahead to avoid complete stop :)
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

True, the first lane of the motorway has priority over the slip road, but you should accelerate to motorway traffic speed and merge seamlessly and with courtesy in to a gap. Having to stop shows lack of planning and would normally constitute driving without due care and attention.

And people who cruise in the overtaking lanes when there is no traffic in the inside lane should be hung, drawn and quartered - that lorry a mile and a half ahead does not constitute traffic that you are overtaking :-? :-? :-?
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

ptolemyx wrote:True, the first lane of the motorway has priority over the slip road, but you should accelerate to motorway traffic speed and merge seamlessly and with courtesy in to a gap. Having to stop shows lack of planning and would normally constitute driving without due care and attention.

And people who cruise in the overtaking lanes when there is no traffic in the inside lane should be hung, drawn and quartered - that lorry a mile and a half ahead does not constitute traffic that you are overtaking :-? :-? :-?
Yeah verily, he speaketh the truth :-bd
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Belladonna

Post by Belladonna »

This all due to planning ahead so You rarely come to complete stop but it's their right way not Yours is what I am saying so obviously if You didn't planned/timed it correctly You can and should stop at the end and wait to safely merge.

That's another thing. I think the most annoying road experience is time when You are just out starting overtaking someone who clearly is driving much slower then You are for quite sometimes [that's why you planned to overtake] and that driver is speeding up as soon he sees You! 8-| WHAT THE F***!
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

there was a court case about this a few years ago when a car went under a lorry , several witnesses said it was the lorry drivers fault for not moving out and giving way , they where all told to go home and read the highway code , and as for speeding up well the amount of tits that do that when they see the front wheel of the lorry beside them is untrue,
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson