Tiverton Motorcycles - Response to complaint -Update

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
LadyG
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Tiverton Motorcycles - Response to complaint -Update

Post by LadyG »

Lady G has come out of hiding! I just had to share this exchange of emails with you all. This is how Tiverton Motorcycles responded to a complaint about the service provided. Obviously you've got to start at the bottom and work you're way back up. Enjoy!

Dear Kim,
We look forward to receiving your formal letter of complaint at your earliest convenience.
Kind Regards
Mick

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Kim Glover <kim.glover@michelmores.com> wrote:
Dear Mick

Thank you for your response. To clarify, the threat of litigation was not at all veiled and is very real in the absence of resolving the matter informally. I am disappointed by your response, given you are a business in set up phase, reliant on a good reputation, word of mouth, and referrals. Reputations are hard to build, and quick lose.

I will pull together a formal letter of complaint, with a view to you receiving a letter before action. I am well versed in litigation proceedings, and am extremely confident of our position.

Regards

Kim

DDI +44 (0)1392 687653 | FAX +44 (0) 1392 360563
Woodwater House | Pynes Hill | Exeter | EX2 5WR | DX135608 Exeter 16 | +44 (0) 1392 688688
www.michelmores.com

This is a personal email and is not an official communication of Michelmores LLP. In sending this email the sender is not acting as an agent, representative, or in any other capacity for or on behalf of Michelmores LLP. Michelmores LLP accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with this email.

Sent: 07 April 2016 11:03

To: Kim Glover
Subject: Re: Simon Rolls - R1

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your kind response.
I was not surprised to receive your veiled threats as to taking legal action and we would welcome the opportunity to vindicate ourselves in court hence the suggestion to yourselves that you first prove liability via Trading Standards before undergoing a costly legal process that we feel you are unlikely to win.
Kindest Regards
Mick

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Kim Glover <kim.glover@michelmores.com> wrote:
Dear Mick

Thank you for your prompt response. I am somewhat surprised at your stance. This does seem to me to be a very commercially sensible step on your part.

If you are adamant you wish for us to make contact with Trading Standards, then we will do so. You will not have failed to notice, I'm sure, that I work for a law firm. Simon and are keen to avoid unnecessary litigation, and hope to resolve the matter without the need to take such steps, to ensure that there is an amicable and productive relationship going forward – particularly given Simon's connections through southwestbikers, and indeed the amount of custom he has sent your way thus far.

That said, you will appreciate we have resources readily at hand through my workplace, and will not hesitate to formalise the complaint if we are unable to reach a satisfactory outcome with you informally.

I hope you will reconsider your position.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Woodwater House | Pynes Hill | Exeter | EX2 5WR | DX135608 Exeter 16 | +44 (0) 1392 688688
www.michelmores.com

This is a personal email and is not an official communication of Michelmores LLP. In sending this email the sender is not acting as an agent, representative, or in any other capacity for or on behalf of Michelmores LLP. Michelmores LLP accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with this email.

Sent: 07 April 2016 10:20
To: Kim Glover
Subject: Re: Simon Rolls - R1

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your email. We would suggest that if you have any concerns that you contact Trading Standards and address your concerns through them.
As you have stated in your email Simon is in an emotional state and there for we do not feel that a visit would be appropriate.
Please feel free to send over your list of complaints if you so wish .
Kind Regards
Mick

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Kim Glover <kim.glover@michelmores.com> wrote:
Dear Mick

I am Simon's partner. As you will be aware, Simon collected his bike from you earlier this week, after expressing some frustration and dissatisfaction with the service provided.

You will be aware that on Tuesday evening, having given the bike a cursory check over, Simon found some further issues, and sent an email to you.

Simon has had an opportunity to look at the bike more closely, and it is apparent that there are yet more problems and areas for concern. Simon is, understandably, very upset and, although he wishes to ensure you are aware of the problems, needs some time to calm down before he can communicate with you in a productive manner. Hence this email coming from me, rather than him.

Simon and I propose to visit you tomorrow, when we can go through Simon's concerns on a line by line basis. I intend to pull together a document setting out the problems Simon has encountered and send this to you in advance of us meeting.

Please advise whether 9.00am or 4.30pm tomorrow would be most suitable for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards

Kim

www.michelmores.com

farmermatt
Learner Driver
First Name: matt

Re: Tiverton Motorcycles - Response to customer complaint

Post by farmermatt »

This is not good at all.
Was thinking of getting my bike set up there after the dyno day last summer. But looking at his responses sounds like someone who could not care less.
I think I shall take my business elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing Kim. I think you have saved me a lot of time, money and stress.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Hmmmmm, that escalated quickly :shock: And not the usual sort of reaction ID have expected from a small firm ....

He was clearly expecting this, so I guess there is a fair chunk of (verbal?) communication prior to this?

Mick isn't Jam, is it? I guess he's the other business partner?
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
DoughBallz
Learner Driver
First Name: krystal

Post by DoughBallz »

That's not like them......... When they did our track bikes they were very helpful and we never had a problem!
They haven't changed hands have they????? Seems really out of character! Makes you think what's going on! :-\
You don't need balls to ride a fast bike!!!!
LadyG
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Post by LadyG »

Hi Moose!

No, Mick isn't Jam - he is indeed the other business partner. Yes, Simon had expressed some dissatisfaction when he eventually got the bike back on Tuesday, and then sent an email on Tuesday evening pointing out some issues he had identified upon giving the bike a cursory look over.

I'm very surprised at how they have handled the complaint, given they are a relatively new business - and particularly given the world we are in today with social media and all that jazz, where everyone is so connected.. Very disappointing.
Moog
Learner Driver
First Name: Adrian

Post by Moog »

I can't believe that I have just read that! WTF are they playing at?
Idiots. :evil:
"Oh my God! What made that noise?!" Llandow 5/6/15
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Strange. Irrespective of who did what/who said what/what the issue is, for someone to actually suggest a disgruntled customer goes to Trading Standards , and theyd like their moment of vndication in court, so early in discussions is an unusual method resolving things .....
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Atomic
Learner Driver
First Name: Tom

Post by Atomic »

Seems very strange that they responded in such a way so quickly. Not a good advert for their business.

Hope you get it sorted Si.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Looks like someone could do with some customer service training.... :shock:
Running on MT
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Why no friendly discussion and attempt to resolve the issues on the part of the garage. Strange.
r1dave
Learner Driver
First Name: dave

Post by r1dave »

seems like he don't give dam
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Oohhhhh My God

Have these guys totally lost it?????

You have the leader of a motorbike forum who's bike you have just [Censored] up and you have his partner contacting you from a law firm. Just basic 101 here you don't put anything in writing and you say welcome a conversation looking forward to your visit to discuss.

The above basiclly is saying bring it on hunny.......

Are these guys desperate to go out of business or what.

Have just got a K9 1000 GSXR with a power commander and was going to go and see them for a full remap after the experiance last year but having read this will not be touching them with a barge pole.

Wow!!!!!!
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Have a word with scooby Rob about your remap
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

I'm sure there is more than meets the eye here but I agree the response is ill-judged. The guy I use messed up a bit on my bike recently (not deliberate or even blatant things just didn't happen smoothly due to what else was going on I suspect) and we just shrugged and got on with life with him very apologetic. I'm more likely to go back to someone who admits their mistakes (if it was one) and fixes them than someone who pretends they are perfect.
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Irrespective of how long they've had the bike, what work they've said they've done (or NOT!) you'd think that a business of ANY kind would have the sense to at least attempt to put things right for a customer. Simply saying "go to Trading Standards" when its clear there are many issues is pretty shit if you ask me, and if that's their attitude to a paying customer, then folks....take your business elsewhere!

The bike world is a very small community, and I suspect that this maybe isn't the first or the last time they will have behaved like this. Good luck for the future TM, you wont have much business left at this rate.
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand