Slow B'stard drivers

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Slow B'stard drivers

Post by billinom8s »

Seriously, I mean what the royal FK !!!???

The posted speed limit says 60, the conditions say 80(if it was a private road office). SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIRTY FIVE [Censored] MILES AN HOUR ?????????????

this unfortunately is not an isolated individual, it's an epidemic. However, I have located the source of this infection by looking into the offending vehicles as I pass them.

Costa/starbucks/Americans YOU ARE TO BLAME.

Since when do Brits drink coffee on their way to work??

Since those bloody septics started making it look the thing to do. Maybe they can do it as they all drive automatics and their roads don't have bends. You see these tards driving along (slowly), get to the point of passing them and it's the juggling act of coffee, phone, Facebook self photograph (I fking hate that other 'cool' word) to show you are drinking a 'cheeky' (don't get me started on that trend either) coffee before work and and Last but not least, steering wheel.

Drop the toys and look where you are going. It's down to the farmers to trim the hedges, not you. Use the wheel and the pedal on the right, press down on the pedal a bit more and you'll be at your destination earlier so you can have your beverage of choice there.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Slow B'stard drivers

Post by Ruffian »

2nd this Mr nom8s!

The other things which I think can be inclufed are
Programming sat nav whilst driving,
LoSt and looking at for somewhere with last minute Unindicated turnings.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

Don't you know speed kills. Talking on your phone is dangerous. You'll get fines and points for these.

Looking at Facebook, texting your mates or drinking coffee aren't considered driving offences.

Easier for the odd rare plod to prove and prosecute you for a small plate/noisy exhaust rather than deal with some chavvy mother who'll be abusive & unpleasant denying using the phone as she was looking down at the pedals.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Actually eating and drinking whilst driving are against the law now.

They were added a few years back.

Came to light after a woman was nicked for drinking a can of coke at the wheel.
She kicked off because at the time she was stopped in line at Traffic lights. They still did her though.
KTM 990 superduke R,
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Ruffian wrote:2nd this Mr nom8s!

The other things which I think can be inclufed are
Programming sat nav whilst driving,
LoSt and looking at for somewhere with last minute Unindicated turnings.

Yeah, what's with these pregnant goldfishies who have their satnavs on the window right in front of themselves? Blocking their view of the road, would prefer to look at the screen instead of the real world to drive.
KTM 990 superduke R,
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Got to say that I agree with the grip about slow drivers. However not sure I agree with the reason.

I am normally the one doing the overtaking and slowing down to the speed limits, but always got a coffee somewhere close to me and got shares in Costa :ymhug: :lol:

However the saying "speed kills". No........ lack of awareness kills!

Slow drivers are normally unsafe as they normally have little confidence or ability hence they are driving slow.

My nephew and my farther in law are prime examples they do 40mph everywhere irrelevant of the speed limit.
30 = Speeding
40 = Happy
50 = Bit slow
60 = holding up the traffic
Motorway = bloody dangerous and normally sat in the middle lane (coz its safer there)

They have no idea what is around them, any hazards, they just focus 20 meters in front of the bonnet. However the family think i am dangerous because i drive quickly and they are safe because they drives slowly.

In the last year they have both had accidents. The last time i had an accident (touching wood) was over 600,000 miles ago.

Whilst on my soap box what is it with people who also get angry if you overtake them. We are on a 60mph road. You didn't have to speed up or slow down, i have not put you in danger, the road markings advise i can overtake you. whats with the hand gestures, flashing lights and beeping horns???????? seriously!!!!!!

oh and putting your main beems on at night when you get upset.... well that's just super safe and not dangerous at all to try and blind me!!!!!!!
X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
BMF
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Post by BMF »

I'm convinced that it's something they put in the water down here, some of 'em wouldn't last five minutes at Marble Arch or Hyde Park Corner let alone the Elephant & Castle! 8)
Actually alcohol IS a solution
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8
Pebble
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by Pebble »

Going home from work (not saying where from :) ) There we're 3-4 police car's/vans doing about 80-85, And all the traffic was in lane's 1 & 2. Could'nt believe it, Thought it was my Birthday seeing lane 3 clear for about 2 mile's.
Took 'em all at about 95 and nobody gave a sh*t.
Think most car driver's are pussie's :)):
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

The ones that piss me off are the idiots that drive at 35/40 when there is no chance of passing them , then when the road is clear and you can see to pass speed up to 53 mph , in a truck that is limited to 56 mph that realy does your head in , its nice to get out on tne bike where you can propel yourself into 3 figure speeds to pass them (59.9 mph officer )
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Aaaaand, relax! What with this and the caravan petition are you going for the grumpy old man award? :lol: :lol:

There are people who drive too slow, too fast, in the wrong lane ....... And we know all this because we are all perfect aren't we ........

Driving a speed limited vehicle gives you a different perspective. I just let em get on with it.

This morning I had a silver Mercedes come past me in the fog, had to be doing 80+, and no lights on ....... Hey-ho :)

I reserve my bile for cyclists who ride on the road holding great queues of traffic up when there's a perfectly good cycle lane 3 foot to their left :wink:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

limited speed and restricted driving hours , makes it even more bloody annoying
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Mervin wrote:limited speed and restricted driving hours , makes it even more bloody annoying
Why? You're being paid to be there. It takes the time it takes - you can't control traffic volume or flow, so it's not your fault if a 2hr journey takes 3hrs because of external factors.

Relax :wink:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

TLS-Moose wrote:
Mervin wrote:limited speed and restricted driving hours , makes it even more bloody annoying
Why? You're being paid to be there. It takes the time it takes - you can't control traffic volume or flow, so it's not your fault if a 2hr journey takes 3hrs because of external factors.

Relax :wink:
Its bloody annoying if you run out of time 1/2 an hour from home i tell ya
Hunter S Thompson
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

I live in a village 2.5 miles from a main road. The drivers who pootle along the access road to the village at 30mph when it's perfectly safe to be doing 50mph then accelerate to drive through the 30mph limit in the village (and past the school)at 40mph make my blood boil.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Loopy
Learner Driver
First Name: Stan

Post by Loopy »

Speed is not everything. I met a couple of bikers Saturday coming over Dartmoor, steady 40 is the limit,.. his mate just on the white line coming towards me,... We bikers tend to ride in groups,... I slowed rapidly,.. the first hit the bend too fast,.. the others, if there were any, would be doing the same sort of speed,.. Sure as eggs are eggs,... Big Bike my side of the road having a F Fight staying upright & braking heavily. By now I was stationary. When he joined me in that 'still' moment,.. sat in front of me with Lady in Pink leaning forward and 'talking' to him,.... I nodded, gave him a thumbs up and we carried on,.... Speed has it's place,.. find the right place and use it. The guy going steady could be the tear arse 3 years ago who who f up his body in a bike smash. Boring silly old git,.. maybe,.. but I've been riding since 1975,.. I've seen speed,.. and I've buried speeders. If you die,.. No Probs,.. you're sorted,.. Think of the Shit you leave behind.