Hey guys, get me to a track day!

Introduce yourself and meet your fellow riders. Please don't forget to mention how you found us.
Dan_RR
Learner Driver
First Name: Dan

Hey guys, get me to a track day!

Post by Dan_RR » Feb 8th, '20, 22:57

Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself as joined up a couple days ago, live in Newton Abbot, been road riding for about 12 years now. Had quite a few sports bikes then went back to a nice easy and cheap to ride Fazer 600 to save up a few quid as I spend most of my money on my other hobby (money pit) which is drifting. Link for anyone interested: https://youtu.be/N0SAcHxQ0_Q

Last year decided to try a bit of green Laning so have a little ktm too. I've mainly joined up to meet other local riders that go to track days, would like to maybe tag along when I have a sports bike again which should be in the next few days as got my eye on a couple. Fazer will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested in a clean example that's only done 18k.

Would like to get on a track day as early as possible, looking at Mallory Park in April and just seen the Llandow day in June but also saw they are having another day on the 6th through the Llandow website, anyone do 2 days in a row or is that too much? Got a friend who's interested in doing a couple days this year but just seeing who else is local as rather not go up on my own if he doesn't want to do as many as me.

Cheers Dan

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Hey guys, get me to a track day!

Post by billinom8s » Feb 9th, '20, 00:01

There plenty who do multiple a few of us are doing 3 days at portimao in October.

I'm tempted by the 5/6 june. Have to see as I'm sharing a ride to llandow for the 5th
don't forget we are on twitter believe it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, WR250
Suspension and bike work undertaken.

julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh » Feb 9th, '20, 08:20

Hey bud, the world's your oyster plenty of trackday providers on line, I would say no limits days are the most popular, very busy (full) though, I tend to look for limited no's trackdays you pay a little more, but worth it IMHO, if you are relatively fit and healthy 2 days on track aren't a problem, if your thinking of doing the Northern circuits the 2 dayers are great as its a hell of a trek for one day

50something
Learner Driver
First Name: Kawasaki

Post by 50something » Feb 9th, '20, 12:47

Im newton abbot and looking at llandow. Got a couple of zx10, both standard with a mod here and there on 1 although neither are road ready. I will hire a trailer for the day most likely if i attend!

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 » Feb 9th, '20, 14:20

Hi Dan welcome to the forum.

I am not far from you in Teignmouth.

I have just sold my road bike and hire track bikes and will be doing a track day every month from March through until the end of the year. Currently booked into Cadwell and Donington for March and April plan to be heading off to Oulton Park and Anglesey in May and June.

There are several of us on here who love track days and try to post up in the track day section when we book so check out this section if you want to join us.

If you really want to do a load of track days “Shammy” is your lady as she does more track days then hot dinners.

Looking forward to seeing you on track some time soon.
Living in Teignmouth, Riding a Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Follow me on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDMdBs ... TR70_NBKjA

Dan_RR
Learner Driver
First Name: Dan

Post by Dan_RR » Feb 10th, '20, 19:54

Thanks for the friendly replies!

Looks like I will be seeing some of you throughout the year then. Sure I will also come along to some of the slightly more spirited ride outs. I will post up in the trackday section once I know where i'm off to.

Cheers

shammy666
Learner Driver

Post by shammy666 » Feb 10th, '20, 22:30

Hi Dan

I might do 1 or 2 days as Rob said

Will try to remember to post them all up in the Trackday section
Normally like to lurk around Cadwell and Oulton mostly.

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s » Feb 10th, '20, 23:59

I likes cadwell
don't forget we are on twitter believe it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, WR250
Suspension and bike work undertaken.