New guy plymouth ecu-tuning

Introduce yourself and meet your fellow riders. Please don't forget to mention how you found us.
MJTuning
Learner Driver
First Name: Matthew

New guy plymouth ecu-tuning

Post by MJTuning »

Hi guys and girls the names Matt, I’m 32.
New to the site and loving it.
Got myself a BMW s1000r and currently cover the southwest for ECU flashing under the hilltop motorcycles ltd. You no the one tea pot one went to have his GSXR1000 done. Well I am now covering the southwest with the hilltop motorcycles technology so any query’s please ask.
Anyway less about me and can’t wait to get stuck in.
Got recommendations for this site from a guy I went to flash an ecu for on his zx10r.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: New guy plymouth ecu-tuning

Post by billinom8s »

hi there matt, welcome to the forum.

dive on in.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Hello! "Teapot"??

If you're Plymouth based, does that mean there's another Dyno in this part of the world? And what type of ECU's can you flash (Martelli, specifically)?
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

Thanks for the query we can get into most ECUs for fuel injected motorcycles as long as I have a plug which will get me into the obd port. If I can’t access it I can put you in touch with HQ and they can definitely flash your ecu by accessing directly. You would just need to go there or send your ecu to them. Unfortunately on the dyno side there isn’t one we currently have down here but we only use dynos for power print outs we don’t need synod for the set ups as the program is automatically tuning on the fly so is much more advanced than just a set op on a dyno. But again if a power print out is what you want I can put ou I touch with HQ and they can arrange a dyno day with you
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice bike that you have got there :-bd

Right time of year to be joining the forum as when the sun comes out will be more and more going on.

To help keep you updated on everything happening I send out Whatsapp Broadcast and also use Facebook to advertise any events.

Will drop you a private message as interested in the services you offer.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Hi and Welcome Matt

Just out of interest...
Why don't Hilltop show a list of agents on their website?
and how many agents are there in the UK?

I got sorted for a Hilltop map last year as I happened to be driving close by so took my ECU with me to have it done, smoothed out the power delivery on my 1190 Adv a treat.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

MJTuning wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 13:46 Thanks for the query we can get into most ECUs for fuel injected motorcycles as long as I have a plug which will get me into the obd port. If I can’t access it I can put you in touch with HQ and they can definitely flash your ecu by accessing directly. You would just need to go there or send your ecu to them. Unfortunately on the dyno side there isn’t one we currently have down here but we only use dynos for power print outs we don’t need synod for the set ups as the program is automatically tuning on the fly so is much more advanced than just a set op on a dyno. But again if a power print out is what you want I can put ou I touch with HQ and they can arrange a dyno day with you
Hmm ...... Re-maps without a Dyno? How do you check a/f ratios (given neither of mine run lambda sensors)? I thought "remapping by post" was the preserve of diesels, which can't run lean .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Interested in further details also,
But would need answers to a few questions first.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

The A/F ratios adjust automatically with the programme that we put into the empty space. Think of it as a powercomander built into your ecu with a auto tune set up. As for lamber sensors no bike runs wide band sensors which are the only ones that can check A/F ratios most modern bikes only have narrow band sensors which only check for carbon in the exhaust. Go to the website www.hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk and this might give you more of an idea as to what we do.

Edit - link address amended by Admin so it works 👍
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

As for why hilltop don’t advertise there agents most of us work for our own company’s and if booked in with them they will usually put you into there close agent unless if you want a dyno print out then you will need to go to them. If anyone wants any more info please don’t hesitate toco tact me on 07527100099.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I've had my zx10r done by Matt, well it went to Hilltop as my loom is a bit of a pain.

Friendly guy, interesting car, explains what he is doing while he's doing it.

COMES TO THE HOUSE TO DO THE WORK TOO!
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

Ruffian wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 17:53 Interested in further details also,
But would need answers to a few questions first.
Fire away mate happy to answer any questions
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

Jug_Inspector wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 16:50 Hi and Welcome Matt

Just out of interest...
Why don't Hilltop show a list of agents on their website?
and how many agents are there in the UK?

I got sorted for a Hilltop map last year as I happened to be driving close by so took my ECU with me to have it done, smoothed out the power delivery on my 1190 Adv a treat.

As for why hilltop don’t advertise there agents most of us work for our own company’s and if booked in with them they will usually put you into there close agent unless if you want a dyno print out then you will need to go to them. Glad your happy with the outcome buddy. We really do some amazing stuff specially with those BMW’s
MJTuning
Learner Driver

Post by MJTuning »

TLS-Moose wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 17:02
MJTuning wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 13:46 Thanks for the query we can get into most ECUs for fuel injected motorcycles as long as I have a plug which will get me into the obd port. If I can’t access it I can put you in touch with HQ and they can definitely flash your ecu by accessing directly. You would just need to go there or send your ecu to them. Unfortunately on the dyno side there isn’t one we currently have down here but we only use dynos for power print outs we don’t need synod for the set ups as the program is automatically tuning on the fly so is much more advanced than just a set op on a dyno. But again if a power print out is what you want I can put ou I touch with HQ and they can arrange a dyno day with you
Hmm ...... Re-maps without a Dyno? How do you check a/f ratios (given neither of mine run lambda sensors)? I thought "remapping by post" was the preserve of diesels, which can't run lean .....
The A/F ratios adjust automatically with the programme that we put into the empty space. Think of it as a powercomander built into your ecu with a auto tune set up. As for lamber sensors no bike runs wide band sensors which are the only ones that can check A/F ratios most modern bikes only have narrow band sensors which only check for carbon in the exhaust. Go to the website www.hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk and this might give you more of an idea as to what we do.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

Cool stuff, as long as people paying up are happy :-bd

Still can't see how it can know if it's running lean (or rich) without an O2 sensor shoved up its posterior (or bolted to the headers), but then.....

All I can do is wish you a lengthy succession of happy customers 8)