Newbies.. Ask us Anything??

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Re: Newbies.. Ask us Anything??

Post by Tvrv37 » Jun 20th, '20, 18:03

Totally agree about test riding both and maybe a couple of others to get a more rounded opinion. Maybe worth considering if you will take a pillion within the time you keep the bike as that's not going to be an option on a bobber.
Triumph Speed Triple, Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, Triumph Daytona 600 track bike in custard yellow, don't judge me & Yamaha RD250E project bike.

Geo93bristol
Learner Driver
First Name: Nope

Post by Geo93bristol » Jun 20th, '20, 19:12

I took my test on a MT-07 really enjoyed it and was very comfortable, from what I’ve read and seen the XSR is basically the same bike just with different styling.
I’ve taken my Friends bobber black around the block (1hr), that is what made me want a bobber, but sadly I can’t afford a bobber black.
In regards to the other responses,i won’t be carrying a pillion for at least 7years as my eldest is only 6.

Streetmann
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Craig

Post by Streetmann » Jun 20th, '20, 21:20

Geo93bristol wrote:
Jun 20th, '20, 19:12
I took my test on a MT-07 really enjoyed it and was very comfortable, from what I’ve read and seen the XSR is basically the same bike just with different styling.
I’ve taken my Friends bobber black around the block (1hr), that is what made me want a bobber, but sadly I can’t afford a bobber black.
In regards to the other responses,i won’t be carrying a pillion for at least 7years as my eldest is only 6.
I take my son out hes only 8 and have done for a year now he loves it has all the best gear you can get for his size we take it slow and steady everywhere it's good 1 on 1 time away from his little sister.i no everyone have there own opinions on taking kids hes been riding his dirt bike since he was 4 and is very comfortable on a bike so I'm very comfortable in taking him