Not bike related but...

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Not bike related but...

Post by Red5 »

Looking at upgrading from the spectrum 48k and the adventures of Dizzy...

Looking at PS4 or Xbox.
Which would folks recommend and why please. Not a natural gamer but looking at the racing games and of course I'm sure I'll be compelled to enter the world of fortnight etc.. blah blah blah.

Thanks in advance for helpful info and thoughts
:D :ymhug: :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Re: Not bike related but...

Post by Kata »

I've got an Xbox and you have to pay @£40 membership to play games online. However you do get a free game (some good,some not)

I think it's free on the PS.

My brother whos a gamer reckons the PS is best but I'm happy with Xbox (which I use for Netflix,Spotify etx) plays blu rays too.

Can't go far wrong with either. I've got the Isle Man TT game :-)
Streetmann
Learner Driver
First Name: Craig

Post by Streetmann »

It was free on the ps3 it's no longer on the ps4 not a gamer my son has 1 not myself so couldnt tell you wich is best
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I'm still playing the Xbox 360, keeps me amused for now. I'm not a gamer, just like to get shot a lot.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Xbox ones graphics are a lot better plus you can play most Xbox 360 games on it.

Let me know when you do get one so I can shoot you.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Cheers guys, it's almost worth going with John and Si there just to get shot or shoot them... :)) O:-)
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Nick my house is a big gaming house as both me and my daughter are really into it.
However word to the wise buying brand new is expensive and does not bring you a lot.
At the same time different consoles are good for different things.

Its generally known that if your into Car and Bike games then your do better on Play Station then other concoles and as per below for cost reasons getting a PS3 will probably be a better choice then a PS4

If you look at Playstation then you can go Playstation 4 which will cost you a fortune to buy and then a fortune to buy games. However if you look at Playstation 3 (what i did and have) I managed to pick up a second hand one from here (https://uk.webuy.com/) for £55 then the games are about £10 each. A Playstation 3 will play games, you can watch Blue Rays or DVD's through it and do online gaming with blue tooth controllers so this is a really great choice and Gran Turismo 6 is an absolute must. Online Game play is £40 per year if I remember so a bit pricey

Cant really talk about the X-Boxes but would expect a similar story

For Nintendo a Switch it is a fantastic console and really worth buying new it is very very versatile and can be played as a hand held, a screen on a desk with separate hand controllers or on your TV. However the games are very kid'ish and although the switch is great not yet found a decent game that i want to play unless your into Mario games. Online game play with others only costs you £20 per year

I am still using Nintendo Wii there are still tonnes of games floating around. You can pick up the console and the games for nothing and there is still some great entertainment value

Then there is also PC games or Apps that are games for tablets / Ipads but i would say to you that these devices are not made for playing games (unless you have a gaming build PC) so your better with games concoles. If you just looking for an odd game that your going to play every now and again and you have a PC or tablet then this might be an option for you and Minecraft would be a good starting point.

As a final tip and a bit of an obscure one check out the "Skylanders" games there are lots of them, they are very cheap and very very addictive.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Nick_ish
Learner Driver

Post by Nick_ish »

Pc/PlayStation here!
pc if you want proper simulation but prepair for the cost of a rig + accessories and no doubt the upgrades down the line...

PlayStation for casual/netflix machine
Based in inner Hebrides, from liverpool :-h
Cb500x :)): Forza 300
Blandit 6 (sold)
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

PS4 buddy, yes we pay an annual fee like x box to play online.
But i have had a x box too and tbh it's all down to personal preference.
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A