AJS Forks

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Cydrosmil
Learner Driver
First Name: nick

AJS Forks

Post by Cydrosmil »

Hi guys I'm new to the biking world and have recently brought a used 65 plate AJS EOS.
Shortly after having a new fork seal done for the MOT, my actual fork snapped and it doesnt look like im able to get a replacement as this is the reply i have had "Unfortunately the forks to take a 15mm spindles are no longer available so you would need to convert it to a 17mm spindle. For this you would need, both front forks, front axle, speedo drive, front wheel oil seals, front wheel bearings and front wheel spacers."
I'm just wondering if there are any other options out there other than pay £500 for the above bits, as its abit more than i really want to pay....
Are there any bike breakers in the southwest?

Thanks....
Streetmann
Learner Driver
First Name: Craig

Re: AJS Forks

Post by Streetmann »

If you did a little digging you will find that some other manufacturers would have used the same fork most likely and older jap bike these are of the shelf parts I would be shocked if ajs had forks made specific for this bike so more than likely there out there some where on a different model
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: AJS Forks

Post by billinom8s »

don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.