Newbie looking for inspiration.

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: Newbie looking for inspiration.

Post by Robbo87 »

ptolemyx wrote: Feb 20th, '21, 07:15 - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - Biking is emotive, common sense should have minimal influence in your decision.
Says it all really :D :D
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
bristolsaint
Learner Driver
First Name: Derek

Post by bristolsaint »

Budget will restrict choice. A 150 mile journey twice a week might point towards something with some weather protection, rather than a cruiser. Will it only be for commuting or will it also be a weekend toy? Will you ever carry a pillion? Will you need a top box or panniers for your commute?

There are loads of good bikes out there, plus some mediocre ones and some Harleys (just kidding, Harley riders). You might need to give a few more details for any advice to be worth it.
Mr Tuscan
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Mr Tuscan »

I ride a Japanese cruiser, I’d stay away from a Harley also, thirsty things and I think you get a better deal and reliability with Japanese.

I ride a Dragstar but perhaps look at the Yamaha Bolt if that’s really the route you want to go down.

Cruisers are not the easiest rides but very satisfying but I ride mine for pleasure, not sure I’d want to ride it daily.

Btw 120 miles on a tank with out using the reserve on mine (650)
Use your awareness of others lack of ability to focus your own!