Touring in Spain - Petrol Availalbility

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Stinker
Learner Driver
First Name: Adrian

Touring in Spain - Petrol Availalbility

Post by Stinker »

Off to Spain in 10 days via France and my biggest concern is frankly, will I run out of gas?

Now, France I know pretty well and have toured it extensively over the years...in a car but am comfortable with the system to know that petrol station availability is good but Spain is a new one on me and as my trumpet has an absolute maximum range of 150 miles my worry (yes, it is a worry) is that running across the middle of Spain (albeit on good A roads) to the mediterranean coast from the Atlantic I will have trouble finding petrol stations.

So my questions is; Has anybody got experience of riding Spanish roads (not Motorways) and how was the petrol availability?

Fanx v. much.
Triumph Rocket III - Enough Torque To Turn The World
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Re: Touring in Spain - Petrol Availalbility

Post by goatpants »

Twat nav???? If yes then it should have petrol staions as a point of interest. If no, then an ap on you smart phone? No smart phone or twat nav then dunno. Remeber, other countries are not ruined by big supermarkets like here so there should be a load of stations around. I would imagine that there will be at least one every other village or so. :)):
Running on MT
Stinker
Learner Driver
First Name: Adrian

Post by Stinker »

Yeah....I think I will give in and get a Sat Nav...it will save sooooo much hassle and it looks like the petrol stations are on there like you say. Thanks for the input.
Triumph Rocket III - Enough Torque To Turn The World
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

All these countries have petrol garages as frequently or infrequently as any place in the UK, as they have supermarkets and other shops for clothes and food and toys, and cars....
Just reckon a sat nav is being a little paranoid if it's just for fuel. We're off to the Pyranees in May and not worrying about lack of fuel garages, yet.... :D
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

I found there wasn't as many services as in France/UK but fuel was signposted off the motorways but sometimes a couple mile detour through a local village, you then either carried on along the minor road to the next junction or retrace your steps.

We started looking for fuel after 100 miles but always found it within another 10.
tomr6
Learner Driver
First Name: Tom

Post by tomr6 »

I tour Spain 3-4 times a year and never have a problem getting fuel. Used to do it on screaming 600's and they never returned much to the tank :-)

Best solution is a sat nav if you have one though.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/TomWW/tomr6copy3.jpg[/img]
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

with the monster you are taking, why not stick one of those small fuel tanks on the back?

Dave H used to have 2 on the back of his ducati
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

If you want to save a bit of cash I've found TomTom Go on Android to be very good. From memory it was under £40 for two or three years. You could mount it or use bluetooth intercom but for checking for petrol just whip it out and see what's nearby. No data usage unless you want traffic updates.