Heated gloves

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Mickle
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

Heated gloves

Post by Mickle »

Hi all,

The mrs suffers from really cold hands when riding, ( reynards ) I want to get he some heated gloves as it is mainly the tips of her fingers that suffer so grips would be of limited benefit, can anyone recommend some decent gloves and give an idea of cost,

Thanks in advance

Mike
It is always worth remembering that their has to be an element of challenge to a short cut, otherwise it would just be the way.
SV650S K2
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: Heated gloves

Post by Robbo87 »

Give Mark (Enigma) a shout, he had a pair on our last rideout and was singing their praises.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

There are quite a few out there. I think there is a company that does vests, inner shoes, gloves etc all run from a battery pack. May even be hard wired too
U always find google the best!
Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Millsyboy »

I got some Gerbing XR-12 from Motorcycle Live year back. They are very good, never get cold hands anymore. You have a wire coming out of each arm that you plug into each glove and a wire from the battery. You can get battery pack so you don't need to wire directly to battery. I used to have heated grips but found they didn't keep your fingers very warm. With heated gloves my whole hand is toasty and I have only ever tried the lowest heat setting.

Definitely worth the money (£150 ish).
Tayk2
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by Tayk2 »

Hi,

I agree with Millsboy. I too have recently bought a pair of Gerbing XR12 heated gloves and they are fantastic. You get a simple controller that allows the temperature to be adjusted on the move but you will rarely need to raise above minimum as the gloves are so well insulated. They don't have any outlets locally, the nearest stockist is Riders Bristol if you want to try on. If you buy direct, make sure you buy a size larger to avoid overheating discomfort due to the elements being too close to the skin. The leather is very supple but if you want the most amazingly comfortable glove, check out their G12.
See the range here: : https://gerbing.co.uk/products/12v-prod ... ted-gloves :-bd
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

They did a range of heated gloves at maplin too.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.