stutters at low revs on my GSXR1000

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
jock
Learner Driver
First Name: jock

Re: stutters at low revs on my GSXR1000

Post by jock »

Moley551 wrote:Have you checked the plugs? Maybe breaking down under load. :?:
. Took the plugs out and found them in excellent condition then further tested them using a multimeter and all good!
"Yay for bike life!" Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6
Moley551
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Moley551 »

You can't really see damage on plugs that will show up in partial miss fires and poor running, you also can't get any really useful info from a multimeter, possibly an insulation tester will show a really knackered plug but only test at 1000v max normally, ignition systems run at 20,000v +. I've had virtually new plugs give up on motocross and enduro bikes some times the engine will start but not rev up, quite often they look fine and show a good spark but won't start.
jock
Learner Driver
First Name: jock

Post by jock »

Hi Moley, I ended up taking advise and changed the spark plugs and viola!!! .. the stutters have gone! I'm quite surprised really but am happy to have the bike pulling hard from 2k again with no hesitation! Lesson learnt and am now assuming that these high performance engines are very temperamental with spark plugs! lol
"Yay for bike life!" Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6
Moley551
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Moley551 »

Good news, I've spent many hours and lost good rides due to bloody plugs...the next trap you fall into is keeping the used one's for spares "just in case" ...the times I've had a bum bag full of dead plugs!!!! I worked out the hard way you only need two, one good one in the bike and a new one in the bag.
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

I have had the same issue with plugs, you try all these other remedies, thinking 'nah can't be the plugs, only changed them 6 months ago ' then last resort, change decent looking plugs for new and problems solved....Arrrrgggggggggg ;) :D
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

Quite common I'm afraid.

Thought I did post 'try plugs' in the previous page but site must have crashed before it accepted it.

Normally plugs are a simple cheap option but 4 x £10/£15 it's not quite the same.
judo
Learner Driver
First Name: tony

Post by judo »

sounds daft but is the throttle cable sticking !!!! crap in the cable easy fix with oil down the cable to free it