A380 speed camera

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
jock
Learner Driver
First Name: jock

A380 speed camera

Post by jock »

Anyone know If the speed camera on the A380 Newton abbot to Exeter road is active or not? It's on the right after a group of trees just before the turn off for the A38 Plymouth/Starcross road and not spotted 'till the last second! :(
The Yorkshireman
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Re: A380 speed camera

Post by The Yorkshireman »

Thought the same thing myself. how many others did we pass as well?
I changed my password to "incorrect"
That way, when i forget it, it always reminds me
"your password is incorrect"
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Have never seen it flash... Not that I've ever gone much above an indicated 75mph.. ish. Has looked dead and not even sure if the painted lines are there even. If they're not, they can't correctly calibrate you as there's nothing "known" to gauge it.
Though let us know if you do get a letter from the force, sorry, service now a days as force sounds too aggressive in this wining soft society we have nowadays :)) :))

Reckon you guys will've got away with it but let us know... :D
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Red5 wrote: and not even sure if the painted lines are there even. If they're not, they can't correctly calibrate you as there's nothing "known" to gauge it.
White lines are not required, they are only there as a secondary measurement. Plenty of points of measurement on the road even if you did want to argue with the evidence from the two camera photos.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Can be a little problem on group rides when peeps are trying to 'catch up'.

I like to drop off a marker at, or mark myself a difficult-to-see camera.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

it's active.

only been there about 15 years though.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

If its the one near Telegraph Hill, its showing as not active.It may still flash but that means nowt. It certainly looks like it hasn't been touched in a few years.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.62703 ... 312!8i6656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.prsp.org.uk/cameraWatch/index.aspx#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Somerset certainly haven't got any active Gatso's but they do have a few live digital jobbies ( the taller thinner ones), Don't know whether Dorset/Devon/Cornwall followed suit.
jock
Learner Driver
First Name: jock

Post by jock »

Thanks Scorcher; yes that's the camera I passed! thanks for the info! By the way I was not going that fast anyway
but nevertheless didn't care for being caught out! :roll:
"Yay for bike life!" Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

You'll be alright!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

I go through there with my foot flat to the floor in the van, I've I've not had issue yet.

My van is limited to 70 though ...... :)) :))

Seriously though, been through there a couple.of times a little quicker than I realised, and haven't even seen a flash.
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

I got caught out a couple of years ago by a camera I had never seen flash, and when I got busted, it still didn't flash. Not sure they even do these days? Oh and be careful Nick, I got busted for 34 mph in a 30, only going 75 ish will get you done. Coppers by the road will generally let you off with a warning, cameras don't ;) .

Bloody Cash Machines..........
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
BMF
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Post by BMF »

jock wrote:Anyone know If the speed camera on the A380 Newton abbot to Exeter road is active or not? It's on the right after a group of trees just before the turn off for the A38 Plymouth/Starcross road and not spotted 'till the last second! :(

Hi Jock,
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but if you were unlucky enough to have been captured the authorities are obliged to notify you within 14 days from the date of the offence for speed cameras. If you have been stopped for speeding by a Police Officer then you can consider yourself as notified of impending prosecution.

I'm by no means an expert in these matters but this is my understanding of procedures.
Actually alcohol IS a solution
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8