Test Rides

Let us all know where you have been and had quality service.
Forum rules
No banter please, just details of where you have had good service.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Test Rides

Post by goatpants »

Took more bikes out yesterday in an effort to find a "Jake" replacement.

Benelli Tre-k 899
BMW GS1150
Guzzi Breva 1100

The Benelli was my main reason for the trip. I took out an 1130 Amazonas a few weeks back and absolutely loved it. For those that didn't know, Benelli's triples are based on the trumpet lump.

There is a surge of power at around 5k and the exhaust note coupled with the induction is a joy to behold. It handles, it's comfortable and it sounds amazing. Just a shame that these bikes are rarer than hens teeth and the reputation of Benelli was tarnished dues to the early reliability problems of the Tornado.

Thoughts..... Need the 1130 really. As her idoors was on the back the 899 seemed a bit flat in trying to pull in the higher gears, I'm sure the bigger engine would of sorted that.

BMW.... Was never really interested but tried anyway. Massive, bags of grunt, exceptionally comfy, do it all bike. Not for me though. I do not want to go off road and if I wanted one of these then new kit would have to be purchased as I think I may look a little weird with my Shark RSR lid.

Guzzi....... I actually liked this to my utter disbelief. The twin was oozing with torque, was comfy for both rider and pillion and again, handles well but another quite rare bike. There are 2 gripes though. Pegs are quite high and the seat low. If you're a short arse this bike will be fine for you, but if like me (6 2") then over a longer trip the crampness may tell. The suspension is a bit on the soft side, 2 up I managed to ground the centre stand by turning around in a junction. This worried me! If I had this bike and wanted to have a play then I definitely think that sparks would fly.

For me....

1. Benelli (but the 1130)
2. Guzzi (with lower pegs, higher seat)
3. BMW (cos I'm just not into full on adventure bikes)

Thanks go to Moto Corsa of Shaftesbury. Bloody nice guys and know their onions. \m/
Running on MT
scorcher
Learner Driver

Re: Test Rides

Post by scorcher »

Should of tried a Royal Enfield and enjoy life in the slow lane :)):
pegleg
Learner Driver
First Name: chris

Post by pegleg »

Hiya.
I have the 1130 TnT and love it . I know your on the Benelli forum so you will have learnt about what to look out for, Mods , Etc, Etc. If you want a smile all the time you know its the Benelli. :-bd
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Must admit, I've always liked/fancied the TNT ......

And I must say, I've heard many complimentary comments about Moto Corsa.
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away