Wales - 18th to 20th June 2021

Organising a get together? Pub meet? Games night? Meal? (You get the idea)
Stick it in here so people can join you.

Moderator: Staff

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Re: Wales - 18th to 20th June 2021

Post by Red5 »

ptolemyx wrote: Jun 17th, '21, 06:01 Nick, I'm only planning on 10 minutes at Sedgmoor to meet, say hello to the northern contingent to get their kit on and go. Enough time for a choccy bar or sarnie from your pocket? It should be only half an hour from leaving Jcn27......there will be a pit stop in Chepstow (Spar) when we'll all likely want a drink and maybe a snack. Can your requirements fit in with that?
That's great, cheers. Never really been so fussy before but looking at it a little bit more now a days. :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Have a good time all. I'm south bound on the M5 today at your times so if you see a Riverside Motors tow truck give me a wave 🏍🙂
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Have a good trip everyone, keep it rubber side down and don't offend the locals.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Good luck all. Weather reports all over the place. Getting overcast here but no actual rain...yet.

Sunday could be narsty.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
DaveH
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by DaveH »

Well we almost stayed dry all weekend.

Just got home. Great weekend. Thanks to Brian and Andy for the excellent organisation, and thanks to everyone for the great company :-)
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

685.1 glorious miles with glorious friends for company. Thanks chaps and chappesses for making it a weekend to remember :-bd :-bd :-bd
Bike hosed down and put to bed, rider yet to be hosed down and put to bed. That'll be after a bottle of malbec or two and, of course, a slice or two of Jane's cake :mrgreen:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

Well another fantastic trip across to Wales. Thanks Brian for all the planning it really paid off. Great roads, fantastic company and the weather wasn't to bad either. Can I remind you if you haven't already drop a few quid in the Just Giving Page for Devon Air Ambulance to show your appreciation.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/brian-freke
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

725 miles for me, at an average of 72.5mpg. I'll try to ride harder next time.....

Good, different location for a base to explore the many fantastic roads around North Wales. Bit busy in the touristy areas but no different to anywhere that attracts the grockles in the summer. But by God, once you were on the great roads all that was forgotten. All bikes were faultless and no accidents to report, so all in all an excellent weekend and a great laugh in the evenings.

Got lucky with the weather really, given what was forecast last week
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Woo636
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Wendy

Post by Woo636 »

Thank you Brian for organising and Andy for lodgings. The hotel was ideal for us all, great location and all to ourselves!
The roads around Snowdonia were busy but we had an EPIC Saturday afternoon's riding on great roads and hardly any traffic that seemed to go on and on, great weather and stunning scenery.
Had such a laugh, thoroughly enjoyable, looking forward to Wales no. 4.
Street Triple 765 RS
CB1000R
Street Triple R Track bike
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

Thanks Brian and Andy for a great weekend away with good friends and awesome riding. Certainly got my workout in on Saturdays ride. Can't believe we lucked in yet again with the weather 8). Hope everyone got home safely as well. Cheers
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

As above thanks Brian & Andy for their organising, great ride Saturday weather behaved for us again, another Welsh weekend with great company really enjoyed it thanks everybody 👍👍👍
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
rik
Learner Driver
First Name: ktm

Post by rik »

Ditto everyone's comments. Fabulous trip. Really enjoyed the rides. Also well done Dave for getting us out of chepstow. Brian you absolutely smashed the route planning. Not bad for a pensioner :-bd . Thanks everyone. :D
E-BIKE RETAILER
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber

Post by ptolemyx »

SWB's chosen charity, Devon Air Ambulance

Cash whipround raised £65 and a direct donation from a pair of attendees means that so far we've raised £75 from the Wales weekend. Total donations now stands at £263 - in just one month! Cheers y'all :-bd

Anyone who may have missed out on the whipround and wants to donate please use the link in my signature below. Ditto those who missed the 2021 Wales weekend and want to feel like they participated in some way =:)
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Bit late here but Just to repeat everybody else...
Thank you all for a great weekend. Brian and Andy for route planning and hotel. Also Andy for leading the pre breakfast blast Saturday morning.
Hope you enjoyed your birthday Brian and leading us around Wales.

Cheers all.. Here's to 2022...

:D B-) :-bd \m/ :-bd \m/
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber

Post by ptolemyx »

Make that £85 for the Devon Air Ambulance from the weekend :ymapplause: