SWB meal, Sampford, The Globe, 27/2/16.PLEASE PRE ORDER FOOD

Organising a get together? Pub meet? Games night? Meal? (You get the idea)
Stick it in here so people can join you.

Moderator: Staff

Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Re: SWB meal, Sampford, The Globe, 27/2/16.PLEASE PRE ORDER

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

hi all

I think this is mainly down to people ordering drinks at table in my opinion there cant of been too many ordering rose/ pink wine mineral water and coffee so if you are one of those that did please try and remember if it was on your bill
the manageress did I think knock off the rack of ribs and was very understanding ref to this and has now said that there will be no ordering of drinks at table and next time ( maybe a summer one when we can ride our bike there ) it will be pre order and pay at time of order
and as said before if this cant be sorted we should all chip in and resolve this so no one is out of pocket

mark :8o)):
Tractorwackyracer
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Putting this issue aside it was a very good night and we had members from SWB that made the trip from far and wide - thank you all for making the effort.

We have agreed with the landlady at The Globe that next time the following will happen, not because of the balance but because it makes it easier for them to deal with us all. :)):

When we arrange the date and post the menu, because of the numbers we usually bring, pre ordering is essentail.
When you pre order, your name will be taken so they will be ale to make the food to order and it will save time on the night and help out the kitchen staff.
Upon arrival, you will then go to the bar and pay for your meal as you would normally if you had just popped in.
If you want a drink during the meal there won't be any tabs, you'll have to make the long walk to the bar and buy as normal.

This way they don't have any problems with a surprise balance at the end of the night and we keep our good reputation with the pub. I know it sounds a pain but it's not really when you think about it.

So far with last nights balance, I have paid for it using site funds.

I don't want there to be a witch hunt over it, however anyone who does want to make a payment, whether it's for their balance or just out of the kindness of their heart, i will keep quiet on the names to save any awkwardness ongoing.

please send your contributions to southwestbikers@hotmail.co.uk using paypal.

many thanks

simon

i like marks idea of a summer run there on the bikes. :)): :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

AshM750 wrote:
Oh and Phil, don't be bringing your heated grips to Cadwell in August! :))
That's a deal ........... as long as you leave yer yellow hemet behind :shock: !
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Stinker wrote:Well, that's completely unforgivable. Shame on you who didn't pay.
I suggest that next time that everyone pays for their meal upfront and no arguments.
So, I would guess that we all just need to check and double check that we have a receipt for last night for everything we ate/drank and if it's not right we can PM you to make arrangements to pay you pronto.

Failing that, I propose 20 of us chuck £2 each in to cover this rather that Simon forking out for it.

Anybody else wanna join me?
I have now had time to check and double check with the peeps at the end of our table, and can confirm collective clear conciences on this. We're all in agreement with Stinker that a contribution should be made, so I'm going ahead with my bit. I'm also in agreement with Simon that a wich hunt's not required, it was almost certainly a genuine mistake on someone's part so let's put it down to experience and learn from it - - - - - - - gawd, I'm wearing me sensible head for a change!

Anyway, it was a great night with lots of laughs and Jenny and I enjoyed it immensely. Roll on the next bash :ymparty: .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Damm. I was quite looking forward to a public lynching. :D