Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Bye bye License.

Post by billinom8s »

kevin5952 wrote:Whose the c***t :wink:

gordon brown
d&c police
funky
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Varcon
Learner Driver
First Name: Edd

Post by Varcon »

Ah dude this sucks big time, bloody unlucky as i have gone through that same bit at 70 many times!

Hope it goes well for you though and that they arnt too harsh on you!
Bikes-
Yamaha TZR125 (sold)
Kawasaki ER5 (sold)
Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)
Suzuki GSXR 600 K1
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Post by Funky »

I'm really more of an ar*ehole...
bambam
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jon

Post by bambam »

Funky wrote:I'm really more of an ar*ehole...

correct in so many ways :roll: :wink: :roll:
thelastsuperpower
Learner Driver

Post by thelastsuperpower »

Dude that sucks big time :(

Hope it all turns out ok for you.
Bikeless again :/
Tom L
Learner Driver

Post by Tom L »

the guy who booked you really was being a knob, he could have quite easily have wrote the ticket up for 66mph and meant you'd get a fixed penalty 3 points and £60. Considering the situation, you obviously weren't taking the piss. Unless when you got pulled you answered "what the [censored] do you want, pig?"

A ban is only possible if you were driving more than 45% of the speed limit over. So in a 40mph it would be 66, and seeing as you were only just over, have a clean license, well mannered etc etc a ban would be joke. A little common sense should be applied.

Good luck mate
i dont have a drinking problem.......if anything, i'm [i]too[/i] good at it
sir-dinglebert

Post by sir-dinglebert »

good luck mate, that is just beyond ridiculous. Know what your saying its the principle more than anything, getting banned even for a short time when a couple points and a slap on the wrist at most would the most appropriate. Just hope common sense prevails!!! :twisted:
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

I was very polite to the officer because I wasn't sure if he was gonna give me the old telling off and then let me go. If I knew he was gonna give me a ticket the first thing I would had said to him would have had the word C U N T.
Milky
Learner Driver

Post by Milky »

ah sh!t mate hope it doesnt go that way, good luck buudy :|
Rieju RS2 > ZXR400 L1 > ZX6R G1 > GSXR600 K1 > Z750 '04 > R6 '99 > ZX636R '56 > Ducati 748e > BSA Bantam D13 '67 > GSXR600 K7 > YZ250 '04 > KTM 250 ECX '00 > RMZ 250 '08 > ZX9R '99 > GSXR 600 K3
jim1979
Learner Driver

Post by jim1979 »

Sorry to hear matey. I'd be more than happy to pop around and advise you on your mitigating circumstances as I've got a fair bit of practice!
Flopper
Learner Driver

Post by Flopper »

This really niggles me.

I feel for you, I got caught doing 76 in a 40 on a dual carraigeway in 1999 (Plymouth embankment) and felt almost victimised.

The only advise I can offer is exactly what the others have said, turn up early, well presented and with a good brief.

I was facing a ban but by pleading mitigating circumstances (license needed for job etc) and the eating a big slice of humble pie I left court with a £500 fine and 5 points on my license. I recall the solicitor costing about £350.

The bit that will p*ss you off as it did me is seeing the scum bag chavs in the court walking away with stupidly small penalties and laughing about the whole thing. I was listed in the local press along with other offenses for that week and it showed my name, address and offence details, the other little toss*rs listed had committed proper crimes and their combined fines didn't reach my £500 which 10 years ago aged mid twenties was a lot of money to me.

I am not sure if the local papers still show that sort of thing but I was so put out that my details had been printed.

I hope you get the best possible outcome, unfortunately it will not do much for your opinion of the crap state we now live in.
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

Turns out my punishment is 6 points and a £255 fine. 15mins of the courts time well spent, not really interested in what I had to say either. What a waste of my time.

They were more concerned about getting me to pay the fine than anything else, wanted payment now and didnt seem too happy when I started to haggle on the repayments. 12 months no good, 6 months no good - trying to put me on the spot on how much I could pay a week, just about to say £5 a week (12 months 8) ) but luckily mother stepped upto the plate and she has a much longer repayment schedule.

Honestly, it isn't like I'm going anywhere! Over 30 people there that day, all traffic offences. Ker fooking ching.
Milky
Learner Driver

Post by Milky »

awsome! good to here it mate! will your insurance be affected alot?
Rieju RS2 > ZXR400 L1 > ZX6R G1 > GSXR600 K1 > Z750 '04 > R6 '99 > ZX636R '56 > Ducati 748e > BSA Bantam D13 '67 > GSXR600 K7 > YZ250 '04 > KTM 250 ECX '00 > RMZ 250 '08 > ZX9R '99 > GSXR 600 K3
VTR
Learner Driver

Post by VTR »

All things considered, not too bad a result, but I'm not too surprised they weren't interested in anything you had to say other than 'when are you going to hand over the cash?' :twisted:

It just seems to be an excerise in how much the magistrates can talk down to you, treat you like something they've stepped in & then charge you for the privilege :roll: :(

What p*sses me off is that magistrates don't need ANY legal qualifications or experience & yet they deal with 95% of all criminal cases in England & Wales!!! :shock:

Bloomin kangaroo court if you ask me :(