what would YOU like ???

Latest information on South-West-Bikers...

Moderator: Staff

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

what would YOU like ???

Post by billinom8s »

As the forum is having an upgrade, apparently some bits and pieces may change in the way the site looks.

As this is YOUR site, I was wondering what YOU would like to see on here? Of course I can't promise anything but will see what applications are available when the template is being made up.

Over to you.........
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Re: what would YOU like ???

Post by Funky »

Bring back the 'you' button!
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

Funky wrote:Bring back the 'you' button!
+1, the you button was quite simply amazing.

Upgrade wise. Sort out picture resizing/scaling, so we can use pictures over 640x480. Add a youtube addon for embedded youtube videos. Apart from that I saw leave it as it is, I like the simplicity.
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Post by Funky »

I like the idea of a you tube link.

Get rid of the chicken run section, no one reads it.
Tim zx6r
Learner Driver

Post by Tim zx6r »

How about a calendar so you can link rideouts and events to??
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/furiouslamby.png[/img]
bambam
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jon

Post by bambam »

an upgrade ??????
have you managed to contact lord lucan.....i mean dave then :lol: :lol: :lol:
as gav said sort out the picture posting issue but otherwise not that fussed as will wait and see what happens.
Milky
Learner Driver

Post by Milky »

A shout box so you don't hav to start whole threads for small questions and some new banners at the top of the pages :)

And what's this about a you button?
Rieju RS2 > ZXR400 L1 > ZX6R G1 > GSXR600 K1 > Z750 '04 > R6 '99 > ZX636R '56 > Ducati 748e > BSA Bantam D13 '67 > GSXR600 K7 > YZ250 '04 > KTM 250 ECX '00 > RMZ 250 '08 > ZX9R '99 > GSXR 600 K3
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

The youtube bit would be good, the shout box also .... a freshen up of the top banners might not be so simple as they were a "Dave Special" if I remember correctly. The "You" button not fussed, a thin-out/slim down of the redundant sections would be useful (some haven't had a post in years!).

Wider choice of smilies might be nice, and I still think greater differentiation is needed between that which paid-up members have access to and that which others see.

Perhaps we could use the term "Subscriber" rather than "member" under the avatar for those that have paid ...... :? After all we are all members ones registered, but only a subscriber pays :wink:

How about a "new posts" link at the top of the page without having to go back to the main board index each time?
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

1. How about a donation link to the site's paypal address?
so when someone donations....not subscribes it shows ..Supporter under their name..
The CBR Forum do this and it works perfectly.

2. How about a link to a googlemap section, so when people post up rideouts, then they can just click the link and others know what the route is.
2020 CBR1000RR-R
thelastsuperpower
Learner Driver

Post by thelastsuperpower »

I like the way some forums display the first few lines of a thread when you hover over the title , gives you an idea of the content without clicking/loading/waiting/being disappointed when its pointless rambling :mrgreen:
Bikeless again :/
Milky
Learner Driver

Post by Milky »

Looks very posh :D The old site was getting abit old. Still no shout box! :| Nice job though
Rieju RS2 > ZXR400 L1 > ZX6R G1 > GSXR600 K1 > Z750 '04 > R6 '99 > ZX636R '56 > Ducati 748e > BSA Bantam D13 '67 > GSXR600 K7 > YZ250 '04 > KTM 250 ECX '00 > RMZ 250 '08 > ZX9R '99 > GSXR 600 K3
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Milky wrote:Looks very posh :D The old site was getting abit old. Still no shout box! :| Nice job though

Having had a chat with Simon, and reading Dave's (who :shock: ) post, what you see currently is not all there is to come, but it has fit in around work and family commitments .......

As a practical suggestion, the smiley's seem to have got a bit out of hand ...... a couple of sites I use have a selection (say a dozen or so) in the smiley box beside the text box, and a "more smileys" link which brings up more if you need them?
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Milky
Learner Driver

Post by Milky »

:(|) Spoilt for choice with the smilies now takin about 20 mins to post each time
Varcon
Learner Driver
First Name: Edd

Post by Varcon »

Could admin make it so that when you click on the link it opens a new tab/browser page?
Bikes-
Yamaha TZR125 (sold)
Kawasaki ER5 (sold)
Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)
Suzuki GSXR 600 K1
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Post by badgerKDD »

is it worth cleaning up and maybe reducing the content of the members area. After all apart from the never ending thread its very rarely used. Maybe you could condence it to NET, Area Reps and Merchandise?
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .