MCE into cars !

Anti-Theft Devices & Insurance related issues...

Moderator: Staff

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

MCE into cars !

Post by billinom8s »

i have just had a call from MCE insurance offering me a deal on my car insurance, big deal you say, well here was the shock.

they are willing to match your NCB. if you have full NCB for your bike they will give you full NCB for your car.
if you have 3yrs NCB on your bike, you get 3yrs NCB for your car - get the idea ?

doesn't matter about your age either.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Rsv4Col
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Colin

Re: MCE into cars !

Post by Rsv4Col »

:-bd
Michelle is looking to sell her bike and get a car and has a years no claims on her bike insurance
Now riding a Tuono V4 1100 😀
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

NCB transfers anyway - I guess what they are saying is that you can have your NCB on both policies at the same time, which is new 8)
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

I've never been allowed to transfer bike NCB onto a car policy before.
KTM 990 superduke R,
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Really :shock: mind you, having had policies for both cars and bikes continually for far too many years now, what would I know :oops: =))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

billinom8s wrote:i have just had a call from MCE insurance offering me a deal on my car insurance, big deal you say, well here was the shock.

they are willing to match your NCB. if you have full NCB for your bike they will give you full NCB for your car.
if you have 3yrs NCB on your bike, you get 3yrs NCB for your car - get the idea ?

Might come in handy one day ,(if they keep doing it)seeing as my Full NCB on the car has now expired due to lack of use.
deej
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by deej »

billinom8s wrote:I've never been allowed to transfer bike NCB onto a car policy before.
H & R Insurance have been doing it for probably 10 years now
http://www.averysmotorcycles.co.uk use code SWB10 for discount
BikerRock

Post by BikerRock »

MCE ripped us off big time and left us unknowingly riding around with no insurance after lying to us. Best avoided like the plague.
Click here for our blog post on MCE
Taz2011
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

DO NOT USE MCE!!

Post by Taz2011 »

billinom8s wrote:i have just had a call from MCE insurance offering me a deal on my car insurance, big deal you say, well here was the shock.

...having said all that a guy from work used a comparison site to check on his new wheels and within 2 minutes of being off the site, they had spammed him no less than 19 times in 10 minutes after which they called him up to ''bully'' into buying their insurance..understandable if it was the better deal eh...
The only dangerous nut is the one in the seat :s
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

You get the cold calling from all companies after you do a quote....... Had the same on my van. I do not agree with that blog after all it was MCE that I am covered with now and was during my accident. I always look at my level of cover before I buy and imo it's the riders fault for not doing the same. :?
Running on MT
Rob.Severne
Learner Driver

Post by Rob.Severne »

I'm with MCE for my bike and they were pretty good after a claim I had last year from a theft. I was looking for companies that would take bike insurance into account when I took out my first car policy earlier this year, and there weren't many about! Those that did were still more expensive than those that didn't... This is good to know Billi thanks for the heads up!
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Hey, about flippin time they did that to. Seems that points have always transferred but not NCB... seems they're getting the message. haven't had the luxury in my lifetime and am at max on both (NCB not points) thought that's jinxed it now :D :D
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

carol nash are also doing a combined policy now.
KTM 990 superduke R,