Datatool Alarm Help

Anti-Theft Devices & Insurance related issues...

Moderator: Staff

jmdarcy
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Datatool Alarm Help

Post by jmdarcy »

Hello all,

I purchased a second hand 2009 Yamaha R1 late last year with a Datatool S4 alarm installed. Along with the paperwork was the authorised certificate of installation of the Datatool alarm by a company up in Leeds where I purchased the bike from.

The system has not been fitted well – in fact it is a bit of a joke - with black insulation tape everywhere and with power leads going directly to the battery rather than being spliced into the bike’s harnesses.

Complaining to the company that fitted it three years ago seems a reasonably futile thing to do (I will try however), plus the cost of travelling up and down to Leeds from Bristol would outweigh any benefit in my mind, so I would prefer getting it sorted closer to home. I can then convey my dissatisfaction and include photographs of the company’s handy work directly to Datatool to urge them to reconsider their approved installation status.

I hauled the bike from the hands of two thieves who were putting her into the back of a van outside of my flat a few weeks ago, and so I already have a great deal to thank the alarm for – only I worry that the integrity of the wiring could let me down in the future and for that reason, I would like it properly reinstalled.

Does anybody perhaps know of a company or person (ideally around Bristol area) who would be able to strip the system down and reinstall correctly? I do not need it recertified as I have the certificate for insurance purposes.. I would just like the piece of mind that it has been done correctly.

Many thanks if you have any suggestions.

James.
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Re: Datatool Alarm Help

Post by Funky »

Insurance wise, you only need a garage to put on headed paper that they have fitted it. Getting the alarm fitted properly shouldn't be a problem for most garages.

Automotive control are a registered Data Tool dealer in Bristol:

"Unit 23 Avonbank Industrial Estate, West Town Road, Avonmouth, Bristol"
Tel: 0117 908 0708
Fax:
Email:
URL: http://www.automotive-control.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure another member on here up your way can point you in the direction of a SWB friendly place.
jmdarcy
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by jmdarcy »

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly Automotive Control were not keen to the on the task.

Any other suggestions of businesses or indeed electrically minded enthusiasts with fitting experience would be massively appreciated.

James
richiec
Learner Driver

Post by richiec »

V-Ten at Thornbury

http://www.v-tenmotorcycles.com/about_us/about_us.asp

Clevedon Motorcycles

http://www.clevedon-motorcycles.co.uk/workshop.htm

I've heard good reviews about both of them.
HOOTER
Learner Driver
First Name: Brian

New VOYAGER 5000M 2 Way Pager LCD Remote Start Motorcycle Su

Post by HOOTER »

I am in the market for a decent security system for my 1990 Heritage Softail. I have been looking at having this one fitted, any recomendations or otherwise would be welcome.
New VOYAGER 5000M 2 Way Pager LCD Remote Start Motorcycle Superbike Alarm System

Cheers.Brian