Wilton Classic & Supercar Festival, 2015

Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Wilton Classic & Supercar Festival, 2015

Post by TLS-Moose »

This event has been on my horizon for a couple of years now, and last weekend I finally got to go. A friendly, laid back affair, this year was the first time it took place over two days rather than one. It's basically a car show set out on the lawns of a stately home (Wilton House).
The show itself was a reasonable mixture of old and new cars & bikes (with the emphasis on four wheels), with some very nice machinery you could get up close & personal with ......... it had a nice relaxed feel, very reminiscent of the Goodwood FoS 20yrs ago (but without the hillclimb).
Definitely on the calendar for next year :)

Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Re: Wilton Classic & Supercar Festival, 2015

Post by TLS-Moose »

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Fantastic event isn't it?!!!

Went along last year with a friend and spent most of the day making "oohhh.....!" noises :))

Did you get close for the parade drive up to the house? :)):
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

The "parade" was a little disappointing, to be honest! 20yds onto a podium for a chat with Tiff Needell, a rev-up with a dB Meyer shoved right up the tail-pipe (122db for something you could hardly hear) then 50yds to a parking area ...... If we're realised, the end of day exit parade off the estate would have been better - they all leave the place at the same time and hoof it up the road to the roundabout!

The event itself though, was brilliant, and definitely on the calendar for next year. Great vehicles, great location, great atmosphere, enough people to make it good whilst still being able to get to/photograph things, lots of food choices and at reasonable prices too, all in all a great day out for petrol-heads 8)