Pembrey June 11th

Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Re: Pembrey June 11th

Post by Red5 »

Paid up and confirmed riders list in viewtopic.php?f=49&t=96960&p=258130#p258130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That will be the confirmed list and your name appears on there once payment is received :)
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Any news to if you can overtake the lead bikes?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

not on the sighting laps, same as any other trackday.

can't overtake on yellowflags either
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Does that mean the information we got that you can't overtake the lead bike at anytime throughout the session is wrong?
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Ok went to the horse mouth to the chris. Asked if you can overtake bevan and Lead bike. He said yes after sighting laps. But he said every session has sighting laps throughout the day not just morning one. Here is part of the message sent to me. Not sure if I fancy doing sighting laps on every session as seems pointless taking tyre warmers!

Yes every session,To be fair to them the pace of the instructors is relevant to each group. I like the way they run the day though, there's no power so you'll need the genny, and its pretty open so a gazebo is useful as well
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Bullet wrote:Yes every session,To be fair to them the pace of the instructors is relevant to each group.
Did this last year. Every session has 2 laps to warm up your tyres before you are let loose. They started doing it as there was to many crashes in the first couple of Laos as people were going bans out of the blocks. For me does not spoil you day / session.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

gonna book when my new bank card arrives :)
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

don't forget to book it with red5 and not alan holland
KTM 990 superduke R,
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Sorry guys but not liking the idea of constant sighting laps so will probably give this one a miss.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

booooooooo
KTM 990 superduke R,
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Like the sensible thinking behind it.. but if it's not your thing Sean fair enough
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

If you think about it they are 20 minute sessions. 5 minutes per session on sighting. That means over one whole session will be just sightings! Prefer to have most of my paid track time as track time But that's just me. In sure it will be fun
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

For those of you debating the siting laps thing, I have had an email from Phil Bevan track days which states as follows, as per cut and pasted from the email.
And to be honest, I whole heartedly agree with it, if it's not for you then fair enough...

At the beginning of every session the first two laps are under yellow flags, where riders are not allowed to overtake. As soon as the last rider in the group has completed their second lap the yellow flags are withdrawn and riders are free to overtake, whatever their position in the group. These laps are lead by one or two instructors who also increase the pace according to the group level ( Novice / Intermediate or Fast ). You will find there is a considerable difference in the overall pace under ‘’yellows’’ between, say the Novice and Fast Group. This system not only allows the rider to get warmed up but tyres / machines etc as well.

Now we appreciate that not everyone is 100% happy with this system, but not all riders use tyre warmers and are of different levels of experience. During the beginning of the 2015 we didn’t run this system and just ran the first round of sessions under yellows and the rest of the day without any warm up laps. But we then found a marked increase in red flags with 80% of accidents a result of rider error / cold tyres and therefore an overall larger loss of track time. Therefore we reverted to the ‘’2 sighting laps under yellows’’ system.

We also ran a stopwatch over the ‘’yellow flagged laps’’ and ‘’non flagged laps’’ to measure the total difference in time. There was a difference but very small.

And we’ve tried running just the Fast group without yellows and they were the worst !

Likewise we do appreciate that in colder temperatures it’ll take longer than 2 laps to get ‘’hot’’ and in summer months a little less. At the same time we ( and the Pembrey Marshalls) try to get riders on track as soon as possible ( not waiting in Assembly ).

While on the subject of overtaking we don’t operate a ‘’6 foot rule’’ but ask riders to overtake with a little more caution than normal and give each other a little more room. We’d prefer you met each other in the paddock over a cuppa and not in the back of an ambulance sharing a lift to the local hospital...
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

I don't like the idea of the two sighting laps every session either....
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

Phil Bevan Trackdays are pretty much the worst TDO out there, my favourite part of the day is the 45min morning briefing when they pretty much spend 45mins telling you various ways you'll be banned from the track.