Pub meet anyone?

Organising a get together? Pub meet? Games night? Meal? (You get the idea)
Stick it in here so people can join you.

Moderator: Staff

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Pub meet anyone?

Post by billinom8s »

Middle of september - yes it's getting to those months again !

date and location to be decided.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Re: Pub meet anyone?

Post by Smiler »

How about not Exeter? :)): lol
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

What about that place up on the A30/A303. By the speed camera. Eagle Tavern? Where we stopped on a friendly early in the year... Must be good for the Somerset and Devon contingent. I know for some it will mean leaving Exeter but it's alright, you won't get rabies. You'll get something much worse but it's not rabies... Good for East n West or how about the pub at the services at Wellington, jnct 26. Easy to find, fun ride up if folk want it or easy enough to find if carring...
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Red5 wrote:What about that place up on the A30/A303. By the speed camera. Eagle Tavern? Where we stopped on a friendly early in the year... Must be good for the Somerset and Devon contingent. I know for some it will mean leaving Exeter but it's alright, you won't get rabies. You'll get something much worse but it's not rabies... Good for East n West or how about the pub at the services at Wellington, jnct 26. Easy to find, fun ride up if folk want it or easy enough to find if carring...
That's the Eagle Tavern on the A303 alright Nick.
The big family size pub at the Wellington Junction 26 on the M5 is The Skylark.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

The trouble is, none seems to like leaving Exeter. Every time a meet is organised outside of Exeter, you get about 4 or 5 people turn up ......
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Breva750
Learner Driver
First Name: Scott

Post by Breva750 »

Lots more than 5 turned up for the recent freindly ride from Tiverton.

Exeter??? Somewhere up North isn't it? All flat hats and whippets...... :)):
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

Breva750 wrote:Lots more than 5 turned up for the recent freindly ride from Tiverton.

Exeter??? Somewhere up North isn't it? All flat hats and whippets...... :)):
I wasn't aware that was also a pub meet?

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

True, folk don't like leaving their home borders... So is it worth putting up a poll for a pub meet. Eagle Tavern, Sky Lark, see who votes from where. Be good to get more folk from different ends of the southwest to actually meet up in the name of swb
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

Robbo87 wrote:
Red5 wrote:What about that place up on the A30/A303. By the speed camera. Eagle Tavern? Where we stopped on a friendly early in the year... Must be good for the Somerset and Devon contingent. I know for some it will mean leaving Exeter but it's alright, you won't get rabies. You'll get something much worse but it's not rabies... Good for East n West or how about the pub at the services at Wellington, jnct 26. Easy to find, fun ride up if folk want it or easy enough to find if carring...
Phil, given there are no "services" as such at J26, I wonder if Nick meant the Wellington Inn at J27?? ......

Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

TLS-Moose wrote:
Robbo87 wrote:
Phil, given there are no "services" as such at J26, I wonder if Nick meant the Wellington Inn at J27?? ......
Not on the junction but no more than saying there's no services at Jnct 30 as such... Sky lark at (or near) jnct 26.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

TLS-Moose wrote:
Robbo87 wrote:
True, there's no Services area actually on J26 of the M5, they're at the end of the 1/2 mile long link road on the left just before the roundabout; there's a Shell filling station and a Subway there and 'The Skylark' pub is close by.
The pub at J27 of the M5 is Marstons-owned and called the 'Waterloo Cross'; that could also be a pub meet possibility.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

Smiler wrote:How about not Exeter? :)): lol
What do you think Smiler, either of those mentioned a possibility for a mid Sept,mid region SWB pub meet??
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

What's the Bowd like Phil?
Handy for you. I expect the Mrs Robbo taxi service operates to that distance..
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Im happy dor a pub closer to Taunton. :-)
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Why not a BBQ? Does anybody have a big back garden and don't mind hairy bikers invading