Tradesmen/women/person needed

Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Tradesmen/women/person needed

Post by billinom8s »

My better half, the good lady g is looking for some reliable tradesmen to undertake some work at her mums house in Exeter.
I know she is looking for quotes for building work, plastering, electrical, windows and carpentry.

Does anyone know of anyone or used anyone in these fields that they would recommend?

Many thanks.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
pieeater
First Name: Paul

Re: Tradesmen/women/person needed

Post by pieeater »

Hi Simon, as well as asking for personal recommendations I always check the Trading Standards Approved site to find tradesmen that are guaranteed not to be cowboys and that have customer reviews of their work, another plus is the list is sorted by how local they are to you so you can find someone that isn't miles away http://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glennyb
Learner Driver
First Name: Glen

Re: Tradesmen/women/person needed

Post by Glennyb »

I have had some real issues with Tradesmen over the 4 years we have been doing up our house.

The people below are the people we have used again and will continue to do so.

Carpenter/Joiner - Gerry Jameson based in Newton but will travel to Exeter - 07515 449310, He has fitted our Kitchen, Bathroom, all our wood floors and built fitted units in 3 rooms. He is Scottish and you will only pick up 50% of what he says but he is very reasonable price wise and will not cut corners.

Sparky - Daron Parsonage -07886 237224 Recently carried out some work in our Bathroom, very reasonable rates and did a good job, have only used him for this one job though.

Plumber - Ben Davies - 07791 241581 - Got his number from Malc on here, he has been to our house for 4 jobs and has always done a great job, again at a reasonable price.

I dont know the plasterers name/number but Gerry (above) will

Window company we used was Windows of Distinction in Teignmouth, again we have had them back several times (we didn't have the whole house done at one time) They do a decent job.

Havent used a builder I'm afraid.

Feel free to pop over sometime if you want to see any of the work we are only in Kingsteignton.

Cheers

Glen