Meet the staff

Meet the ones that try to keep this place running and you busy
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Meet the staff

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi All

My name is Robert Menzies I live in Teignmouth and am married with a daughter. My family means the world too me and with my wife loving holidays it seems we are never at home.

I work for TNT Express (soon to be FedEx) and am a Global Customer Logistics Manager. I have worked for them since 1996 and done lots of differant jobs. My current job means I tend to spend way to much time away from my family and not enough time on my bike.

I started riding when I was 16 years old on a Suzuki TS50x that changed to a Honda MTX125 on my 17th Birthday and then passed my test later that year. By the time I was 18 I was fed up of getting wet and decided I needed one of those boxes with 4 wheels.

Roll forward 17 years to 2010 and after getting an inheritance I bought a Suzuki GSXR600 K1 and this got me into biking, the gear and really learning how to ride. Then some lovely people introduced me to South West Bikers and a little place called Llandow. Ever since I have been mega into the forum, riding, improving my riding, Gixxers and love going to as many track days as I can.

Although I have been a subscriber for many years I recently took over as one of the Admins (along with Smiler) on the SWB Facebook page and have now been invited as of June 2018 to become a moderator for the main forum.

My goal is to spread the word about SWB and continue to try and promote this forum and all the activities to drive greater attendance and a wider community. SWB has given me so much, so with the limited time I have available I plan to do what I can to give back to a great forum and a great group of people.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Re: Meet the staff

Post by MellowYellow »

Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

MellowYellow wrote: Jun 27th, '18, 06:24 Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

A wee bit of enthusiasm goes a long way and when it's linked to commitment for the good of everyone else I, and I'm sure many others in the SWB community, greatly appreciate it.
Well done Rob and good on yer for stepping up to the plate.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Robbo87 wrote: Jun 29th, '18, 00:12 A wee bit of enthusiasm goes a long way and when it's linked to commitment for the good of everyone else I, and I'm sure many others in the SWB community, greatly appreciate it.
Well done Rob and good on yer for stepping up to the plate.
Most kind. Many thanks :D
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Millsyboy »

Top man Rob