Nurburg 2019

Look in here for all other biking events and biker friendly places...

Moderator: Staff

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Nurburg 2019

Post by Red5 »

OK Guys n gals... It's been a few years since visiting one of Europes many motoring treasures.
The Eifel mountains of Germany where nestles a little circuit in the village of Nurburg.

The Plan so far:

Thursday 30th May. Silly early start from Exeter, Dover Calais 0800/0900ish ferry. Or a night stop nearer Dover on the 29th.
Ride through to the Eifel mountains, enjoying some euro equivalents to our favourite A roads.

5 nights Hotel, air BnB, TBC.
Explore the area, take time out, do a lap or 2, spectate, take in the mighty Mousel river.

Home on June 4th. See how people feel but either get straight onto the Autobahn/autoroutes or a varied route back to Calais for an early afternoon ferry.

Looking at around £600 for crossings, fuel, food and beer, accommodation and a couple of laps. That should be worse case scenario.Travel insurance is up to you and I would recommend a fully fledged all singing, all dancing repatriation European breakdown cover. Hopefully you won't ever need it but the one time you do, it's priceless (experience talking)

Now... I'll add that people know accept that it can be dangerous to ride or drive the ring so i stress that it is NOT a track day. Cars and bikes and buses etc that go around the circuit are road legal. It is not compulsary to do any laps but I'd stress that it is an amazing area.
The ride over sounds daunting but we go at a sensible pace and take our time, with regular stops, which is why I'll use the ferry rather than the tunnel.

If interested, let me know on here, PM me what ever.

Please Please Please... Will nay sayers and those who have never even been resist posting random crap on here about '' No way its dangerous etc..." It is a gorgeous area with some of the best biking roads north of the Alps. The ring is just one small aspect of the riding out there.

\m/ :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Nurburg 2019

Post by billinom8s »

Any idea on costs?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

billinom8s wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 17:48 Any idea on costs?
Good point, should be free but taking reality into account, reckon it'll set you back around £550/600. Post Brexit, the exchange may vary but don't see it being much of an issue myself.
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

🤔🤔 could be interested went about 5 years ago great roads worth the ride alone.
Will have to do some serious grovelling as the 1st June is our wedding anniversary a special one this year 🤞🤞🤞
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

bkingalan wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 20:37 🤔🤔 could be interested went about 5 years ago great roads worth the ride alone.
Will have to do some serious grovelling as the 1st June is our wedding anniversary a special one this year 🤞🤞🤞
Won't see you on the trip then Alan... :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Or you could just grovel harder :D O:-) O:-)
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Although sounds like fun my bikes are not really geared up for the trip!

But enjoy
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

Mr red, I’d love to join you mate... I’ve got 2 Euro trips booked already for this year and need to check my hols remaining when I return home...(working away until the 23 Feb.).... I’ll update when I can dude.
The Muppet
Learner Driver
First Name: Mandy

Post by The Muppet »

sorry will be Riding in France, French Africa Twin meet
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

The seed is sown Nick & I still got my goodies intact 🤞🤞🤞🤞
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

chr1s wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 01:26 Mr red, I’d love to join you mate... I’ve got 2 Euro trips booked already for this year and need to check my hols remaining when I return home...(working away until the 23 Feb.).... I’ll update when I can dude.
That'll be great Chris. Let me know when you can.
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

bkingalan wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 20:05 The seed is sown Nick & I still got my goodies intact 🤞🤞🤞🤞

:-bd
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

I think a bit of a brain storm needed. I've put up a pub meet for March 5th, Passage Inn, Kingsteignton.
Anybody interested, reckon it'd be good to smash ideas together and peoples thoughts and

http://www.passagehouseinn.co.uk/contact.htm
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

Red5 wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 22:38
chr1s wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 01:26 Mr red, I’d love to join you mate... I’ve got 2 Euro trips booked already for this year and need to check my hols remaining when I return home...(working away until the 23 Feb.).... I’ll update when I can dude.
That'll be great Chris. Let me know when you can.
Hols are in in mate so I'm ready steady if it's still on........Anyone one else up for a bit of the Ring and euro sausage??

Ps.sorry couldn't make that pub meet as was sick that week!
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

That's awesome Chris... You and me so far definites😊
DaveH
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by DaveH »

Sorry this post seems to have passed me by. I’m actually off to the Ardennes for a few days in April Nick, and I can’t do the dates you are planning ... otherwise I’d be well up for it.

Anyone who is considering it, don’t hesitate :-)

I’ve been four or five times including a trip with a few from here and it is fantastic. The roads are amazing and the ‘ring itself is awesome :-)