I’ll admit. I was wrong about Fabio Quartararo

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
sterling77
Learner Driver
First Name: paul

I’ll admit. I was wrong about Fabio Quartararo

Post by sterling77 »

So back in 2015, this guy comes into Moto3 being heralded as the next big thing. Initially, he looks great - but over the period of two years, “only” scores two podiums, and two poles from a total of 31 starts. He scores 175 points by the end of ’16 before going up to Moto2.

I thought his graduation to the mid-class free netflix tech news android 9 was premature. He should have won at least one race in Moto3, and the cynic in me thinks that the slightly slower hype train (as well as his nationality) is writing cheques his performances aren’t paying back. For most of 2017, he continues to underwhelm me. Then sometime in 2018 it starts clicking, and he ends up consistently finishing in the top 10, winning the race at Catalunya, on the Speed Up, which is pretty much a shitbox at most circuits.

Then he gets the big call up. The customer Yamaha. Again, I’m thinking “it’s too soon”. Stay in Moto2. Prove us you deserve an M1.

I watch MotoGP testing. me: … okay…

I watch Qatar qualifying. me: …. errr.

I watch the Qatar GP. me: FAAARK. This kids a WEAPON on that Yam.

I WAS WRONG. I’m not going to lie. Can’t wait to see how he goes for the rest of the season. I hope he keeps it up. And that Sepang team is no joke. I think he and Morbidelli might be the best young rider up in MotoGP for YEARS.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: I’ll admit. I was wrong about Fabio Quartararo

Post by billinom8s »

It's gonna be a good season. Lots more riders now that aren't letting 93 get away with it.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

My money's on Alex Rins as the one to watch.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Mine is on Cal to stay on 60% of all races this season :-bd after he managed to stay on and have finished in 3rd place.

I got no idea who this Fabio Quartararo is, I'm sure he is a good rider, if there is a chance he could get in the mix it will be good for the race series. However he will probably not come to much and at the end of season will exit the grid.
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Jimbo04zx10r wrote: Mar 12th, '19, 18:16 Mine is on Cal to stay on 60% of all races this season :-bd after he managed to stay on and have finished in 3rd place.
I'll put a quid on Cal staying on for 80%+ of all races :). Glad the 50p sweepstake cash went to charity last Sunday :-bd. What was the total?
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

I have got to say I was well impressed with Quartararo he did very well.

That said if the 1st race of the year is anything to go by then this is going to be a cracking year as it was such close racing there was nothing between the top 7 / top 10 for nearly the whole race.

The only thing that I was disappointed about is Jorge Lorenzo... I know that he crashed big time over the weekend and was also recovering from surgery on the off season but was hoping for a better showing.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.