Snowdonia day

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Snowdonia day

Post by Jug »

I'm gonna be spending a couple of nights camping near Dolgellau and a few of us will be going out for a bit of an explore during one of the days.

Has anyone got a good route around there, or could suggest any areas to include or avoid?

It'll be a Saturday in August.... so tourist will be plentiful I guess. :(
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Re: Snowdonia day

Post by Smiler »

Its tempting to go to the Ponderosa on Horseshoe Pass, but tbh its a bit meh...average speed cams and...well, its just a cafe really! :)):

Lots of roads around Lake Bala are fab though
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
tomr6
Learner Driver
First Name: Tom

Post by tomr6 »

I rode from Oswestry to Holyhead on the longest day at 0600 and it was awesome. My advice if you are going is to get the riding sorted early then pub by lunchtime :-)
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/TomWW/tomr6copy3.jpg[/img]
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

tomr6 wrote: Jul 1st, '19, 19:33I rode from Oswestry to Holyhead on the longest day at 0600 and it was awesome. My advice if you are going is to get the riding sorted early then pub by lunchtime :-)
Do they open on Sundays now ???
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

All the roads around there are great. I stayed at bikers retreat at Dog and they do some good routes. Not sure about the specific road but the stop at the pumping station is good for chips ( Power Station, A496, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL41 3TP) the road from there to betws-y-coed was good to. Barmouth is great for ice-cream and there's a creaky old wooden toll bridge that's an experience on the way.
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Kata wrote: Jul 1st, '19, 21:13 Not sure about the specific road but the stop at the pumping station is good for chips ( Power Station, A496, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL41 3TP) the road from there to betws-y-coed was good to. Barmouth is great for ice-cream and there's a creaky old wooden toll bridge that's an experience on the way.
Chips at the pumping station sounds good.. and yes, we are planning on doing the old toll bridge at Barmouth :-)
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

It's actually possible to use the side of the train bridge. Bit of a steep entrance Barmouth aide but can be done.
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Yeah, I know. (Little Britain reference there :)):)

My mate really wants to do it but I'm not so sure. Yeh..., it's something a bit different but if we have slip our clutches the whole way across due to there being lots of pedestrians on it then it won't be fun, and no doubt someone will feel like telling us we should be there lol.
I guess we'll assess it when we're there.