Superbike School Ltd - In Liquidation - Auction

this is a place to list your places of recommended shops/dealers/sites/links etc. No banter please, just details and your experiences...

Moderator: Staff

Shooey
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Superbike School Ltd - In Liquidation - Auction

Post by Shooey »

Message shared and forwarded:

Hi,

You may be aware that Superbike School Ltd [t/a California Superbike School (CSS) and SSL Events (SSL)] and located at Silverstone Park, after 22 years of trading was sadly placed in to liquidation on 4th Nov’19. As a consequence there are substantial assets and products which are available for purchase. To that end Apex Auctions on behalf of the liquidator are selling the assets here:- https://www.apexauctions.co.uk/en/#!/au ... 752?page=0 .More products will be added over the ensuing days as they are collated. Also, for the smaller value items we will be running auctions on eBay throughout the next few months which can shortly be viewed on eBay by typing “seller:stevelebeano” in the search box at the top of the page.

Please read the instructions carefully should you feel that you wish to bid on any items. There are a number of listings which are specific to the school and it may be an opportunity to purchase a bit of history.

The Apex auction includes but is not limited to; a Langendorf 40ft two tier box trailer with tail lift, a 2009 VW Crafter van with only 77,000 miles on the clock, this seasons latest Dainese leathers (ranging from D-Air1 & D-Air2 plus Laguna Seca 4 (some never used), AGV helmets (plus gloves and boots, some unused), brand new Pirelli tyres, a motorcycle static Simulator liveried Ducati Panigale 959, a substantial quantity of brand new unused Ducati spare parts, air compressors, branded Ducati + Oakley + California Superbike School clothing, Yamaha YZF600 Thunder Cat 1996 adapted for steering drill - "lean bike", HJC helmets, Alpinestars boots, Draggin jeans and shorts, tyre changer, Tyre-Down products, tools, bike stands, motor oils, office furniture and other equipment. We will also, very shortly, as well as other items (sequentially numbered) be placing on the site the full (approximately 2,000sqft) mezzanine floor of the Silverstone based warehouse unit for which any purchaser will need to arrange to dismantle.

The eBay auction reserves will be set very low and so many bargains can be had, particularly running up to Christmas. These will include fully working Go-Pro and Garmin video cameras, CSS and Ducati clothing, V2 MAL riding gear cleaning products, Stompgrip traction pads, R&G crash protection, Motul products and so on. The eBay listings will be starting shortly, so keep an eye out.

The Apex auction will run from now until 10th Dec’19 with an option for viewing on both 6th and 9th Dec’19. Collections can be made, upon payment in full, between 12th-20th Dec’19 (see website for full details). All items sold on both sites will include VAT and for the Apex Auction site there will be a sellers premium.

In the event you have any specific question then, in the first instance please refer to the sites but if not answered then reply to this e-mail and I will see if I can help but it may take a few days to answer. Good luck.

Regards

Steve Leitch | Director
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Superbike School Ltd - In Liquidation - Auction

Post by menzies3032 »

I just want to say how really really sad this is. :-o

The California Superbike School was basically the premier class of motorbike instruction. However I do have to say that the price tag that went with the school was also very significant and for most (myself included) it was just too much to pay for the instruction. :((

If I am honest for me the school took a big turn when the school director Andy Ibbott had a stroke and as the lead instructor for the class room sessions this really made a hole. :-s :-o =(( =(( =((

However the principles of the school built on the back of Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist" will not be forgotten and if you do a search on Youtube you will soon come across the 6 series documentary about the superbike school where you can get some of the teachings from the school. If your lucky you might also get the full length video of the Twist of the Wrist but would also would highly recommend buying the book and have a read as it helped me no end. Even if the body is not doing what you want it to do knowing what you should be doing gives you a goal to work towards.

Over time i managed to reduce all of the book down to a single A4 page and have been using it ever since.
IMG_E7351.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Re: Superbike School Ltd - In Liquidation - Auction

Post by goatpants »

Such a shame
Running on MT