Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

So whats your plans for 2020

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi All

So I am already starting to think about track days for 2020.

Have you started to look and what are your plans?

Looking at No Limits I can see that they have already published dates for January March and starting to post information for April. My personal intention is to start end of March / beginning of April and then plan 1 track day per month running throughout the year.

I also don't have my own track bike I actually hire from Small Boys Track Hire Bikes who this year are going to have a fleet of Kawasaki ZX6's as well as a section of others. Normally when I hire at tracks I am now going in fast group. If anybody was interested in hiring then they offer a bike share which adds an extra £100 per day if you share a bike for the both of you. Obviously if you wanted to do this then you would need to want to ride in either Inters or Novice so that we both get the most out of the day. If this is interesting to you please contact me as I can also help with driving up and back and we can further discuss cost share for the day which will make it a cheaper way of hiring bikes and doing track days.

Would be great even if your planning to head to a track day (share or on your own bike) would be great if we could align as always nice to be at the track with friends rather then by yourself. :-bd
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: So whats your plans for 2020

Post by billinom8s »

Hoping to get a few in this year as didn't do many at all Last year due to the ranch trip.

Fingers crossed for a euro to portimao in September.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Not really interested in track days, my balls aren't big enough, but if I get the latest phase of the FZS1000 done in time I just might take it to Llandow.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Likewise I'm not that interested in track days, might do one in the next couple of years but it's just not that high on my list. Also I don't think I have the right bikes for that.
I'm organising a Picos trip for later in the season and might even get away earlier in year too, but that depends on lots of factors ATM so is just on my wish list for now.
I was teasing myself about getting another bike too, something like a big sumo but tbh I'm really not sure I want an extra bike to look after, and I don't yet want to sell any of my others so I'm little torn on that one. I really need a bigger garage, and to get that will realistic involve a house move so that's not happening just yet.

Planning to start doing longer and longer trips with my good lady to build her riding endurance and also see if her current bike is comfortable for longer multi-day trips. Eventually this will lead to trips abroad but that will most likely not happen until summer 2021.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

ACU in February, couple of No Limits 600 newcomers race entries on tracks I know well, Anglesey, Cadwell maybe Pembrey with NGMRC, otherwise lots of tracktime on tracks I don't know well or have never been to with the aim of doing a full race series in 2021
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

Hey Rob,
I’ve only done about 6 track days in my life so far but I wanna do as many as I can/afford next year so I’d love to join you mate and share costs including bike share...I’d be in inters (at best!) so that would work.

I’ve got several euro trips planned next year already including Nurburgring, Spain twice and probably southern Germany. Should be a great year!!
Also, once I commit properly and sell my MT10 I really want to get a trail bike but need to pull my finger out on that...
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

julesh wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 21:18 ACU in February, couple of No Limits 600 newcomers race entries on tracks I know well, Anglesey, Cadwell maybe Pembrey with NGMRC, otherwise lots of tracktime on tracks I don't know well or have never been to with the aim of doing a full race series in 2021
Wow that's some proper stuff ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Good luck and enjoy. If you haven't done them yet Oulton and Donnington are well worth it and fantastic tracks
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

chr1s wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 21:23 Hey Rob,
I’ve only done about 6 track days in my life so far but I wanna do as many as I can/afford next year so I’d love to join you mate and share costs including bike share...I’d be in inters (at best!) so that would work.
Chris Sounds good. I will be posting up on here as i am booking and arranging dates and as said looking to try and do one a month. If you have a month in mind let me know (drop me a whatsapp or PM me on here) and lets see if we can align on dates and a track
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

menzies3032 wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 12:40 Hi All

I also don't have my own track bike I actually hire from Small Boys Track Hire Bikes who this year are going to have a fleet of Kawasaki ZX6's as well as a section of others. Normally when I hire at tracks I am now going in fast group. If anybody was interested in hiring then they offer a bike share which adds an extra £100 per day if you share a bike for the both of you. Obviously if you wanted to do this then you would need to want to ride in either Inters or Novice so that we both get the most out of the day. If this is interesting to you please contact me as I can also help with driving up and back and we can further discuss cost share for the day which will make it a cheaper way of hiring bikes and doing track days.
Gutted they’ve dropped the 765, was hoping to have a jo next year.
Rented an R1 for my birthday and loved it.
Will see what the year brings.

Anglesey on the list but cost, distance and accommodation are it bloody expensive.

Would be nice to do Croft to say I’ve done it.

Cadwell but feck me it’s a long endless journey