Good afternoon all

Introduce yourself and meet your fellow riders. Please don't forget to mention how you found us.
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Re: Good afternoon all

Post by Fozz »

Welcome,are we related?,
Cheers,Fozz :)):
f0zzy
Learner Driver
First Name: Steve

Post by f0zzy »

Couldn't make the 30th unfortunately, wife's 50th birthday 'weekend' (why do they get weekends, I'm lucky to get a card).

I'm planning on attending Langport Bike Night's event at Burrow Hill cider mill.

@Fozz, don't think I have any relatives that are bikers that I don't know about :)
Image One day I will be back here...
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

f0zzy wrote: Sep 3rd, '20, 12:18 Couldn't make the 30th unfortunately, wife's 50th birthday 'weekend' (why do they get weekends, I'm lucky to get a card).

You could always do the one this Sunday, pick ups in Honiton and Wellington. Details: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=100560
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
f0zzy
Learner Driver

Post by f0zzy »

Thanks for the tip. I may head down that way, weather dependent. Had the bike a week, done a couple of "shake down" rides to try and get to know the noises and rattles (so I know if something has gone wrong mid-ride). What's the form for bailing early? I ride a 1976 CB550 cafe and while it can motor along I'm still in the early stages of knowing how far I can push it. :roll:
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

You can bail anywhere you want, just don't make it in front of me, my Red Cross proficiency badge is out of date - nah, you're safe, you're not riding a Suzuki :D .
We'll be using the 'drop-off' system which, if you've not experienced it before will be explained on the day - it's very effective, and very simple - even Roy and I understand it :)): :)): .

Here's the route, choose your exit:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Smile ... 080081!3e0
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
f0zzy
Learner Driver

Post by f0zzy »

Awesome. If it's dry, I'll be there. I live near Crewkerne so will head along the A30, will be an early start..
Image One day I will be back here...
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

f0zzy wrote: Sep 4th, '20, 16:47 Awesome. If it's dry, I'll be there. I live near Crewkerne so will head along the A30, will be an early start..
You may meet Roy on the way to Honiton then, he lives in Chard and rides a black Bandit with a white top box. . . . . . . .and sundry home conjured 'improvements' :)): .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

As the ride orgamanizer (the cool old dude on the black/gold Busa) I confirm that with the likely numbers we will use the drop off system. I will be doing a briefing before we set off, so get to the start a few minutes early. Whilst I will not be leading a slow ride (nor will it be track day gods fast) you will not need to push beyond your limits trying to keep up. I do stop regularly to get the group back together with a thumbs up from the tail end charlie who will be Robbo87 for this one - red Trumpet with a wide load aboard :mrgreen: That said we will not be too happy waiting around for anyone riding particularly slowly - there are "friendly" rides for that. Should anyone want to cut their ride short just make sure we know where you will be dropping out.

And when the Triumphs break down that's their fault for riding a Triumph. Any push starts will be at the cost of a pint of cider in Wales :mrgreen:

And the Busa tail tidy is fixed :O3
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't