Fuel costs ....worth shopping around! ;-)

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

AndyW
Learner Driver

Fuel costs ....worth shopping around! ;-)

Post by AndyW »

Bucking what has always (?) been the trend to date.... cheapest fuel prices to be found now at 'out of town' and non supermarket petrol stations.
Worth considering shopping around ;-)
I can travel just 4 or 5 miles further, in a choice of various directions (i.e. convenience to where I'm heading / coming back from), than my local Sainsburys petrol station and save 8p/litre!
Yeah I now that's hardly big bucks savings for fuelling a bike but a few quid for a car.... and more again on diesel.

www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Re: Fuel costs ....worth shopping around! ;-)

Post by Jug »

Yeh, I've noticed our local Texaco has been cheaper than the Tesco.

But the Texaco doesn't have 'pay at pump' facility so for the bike so I still use Tesco.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

The Volvo garage in Yeovil is a lot cheaper than the supermarkets and I find it goes further as well and they are open 24 hrs
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Wow, still pricey up your way ..... But I'm stuck with super unleaded for three of my four vehicles - only the subaru is definitely OK with e10, the range rover is a definite no, as is the TL, and I can't find any definite answer re the MV.

Just a shame we can't get the ethanol free super (Esso) down here. Strangely using e10 hasn't affected the scoobies economy, but running super unleaded has seen a noticeable improvement in the rangie on a run. Can't say I've noticed any difference in the bikes....
Screenshot_20220923-001210_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Been using this app for a while now and have been impressed what a difference it has made. When i started to use it the cost of normal unleaded vs super unleaded was so small that it was worth buying the super for the extra fuel economy it actually made it cheaper. Now the cost of normal unleaded has dropped significantly i have gone back to the E10. Like Moose I am lucky that we have some of the lowest prices in the the country and what a few weeks ago was costing £90 to fill up with 45 ltrs of fuel is now costing £70.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.