Sunday 30th July. Brekkie meet then Countryside bimble to Seaton 'Bikers Day Out' & beyond

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Sunday 30th July. Brekkie meet then Countryside bimble to Seaton 'Bikers Day Out' & beyond

Post by Robbo87 »

Meet for coffee, brekkie, whatever: 'Steamers Cafe', Five Bridges, Willand Rd, Cullompton EX15 1QP.
Time: 0900 hrs, aiming to leave by 10.00 hrs.
Route: As per' the heading - a countryside bimble to Seaton Bikers day out. About 37 miles.
Pace: As road conditions permit.
Google maps link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Re:Fu ... ?entry=ttu
Then, when we've had enough of other people's shiny stuff and if peeps agree, it's on to pastures new and ending in the Honiton area.
Note: The clue for road-style is in the title 'countryside'. There'll be no trunk/A road stuff, but no 'grass in the middle' nonsense either :)): . Possibly not 125 cc friendly :) .

The forecast isn't looking too scorchio so I'll be keeping a careful eye on it and will make the 'on or off' call late on Saturday p.m. so please make sure you check back here and/or in this topic http://www.southwestbikers.com/viewtopic.php?t=101830
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: Sunday 30th July. Brekkie meet then Countryside bimble to Seaton 'Bikers Day Out' & beyond

Post by ptolemyx »

Will they be open 09.00 on Sunday?
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Re: Sunday 30th July. Brekkie meet then Countryside bimble to Seaton 'Bikers Day Out' & beyond

Post by bkingalan »

Yea their open at 9.00 Brian southwest classic car club are there from 9.00 👍👍
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

2200 HRS SATURDAY: Weather for Sunday is looking wet most of the day, and for once the Met' Office and the BBC forecast agree so it's a 75% probability that I'll be postponing this rideout.
I'll make the final call on this, here, at 0730 hrs tomorrow (Sunday).
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

RIDE ON.
Forecast is not exactly scorchio but not monsoonio either so I'll be at The Steamer Cafe for around 0900 hrs. See any 'bravehearts' there :) .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Have fun
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Well that was fun!
Set off from home with no rain and slightly damp roads in places, ran into light mizzle approaching Cullompton, arrived at the Steamer Cafe in drizzle, 'kiss of death for weather Roy' (read on for explanation) arrived, two breakfasts and much banter later and - outside it's starting to persist a little so . . . . . . . . .. cue more banter and a pee while it 'blows over'. Decide to gird our loins and face the elements - 'after all it's bound to clear up a bit' we said; various delightful country lanes and halfway to Seaton later we pulled in to Upottery, admitted defeat and headed our separate ways home, where the roads and the weather was as nice and dry and as clear as it was when we left :) .
Verdict? the Mid/East Devon H2O Gods had it in for us today. Result = Weather Gods 2, bikers nil; fun factor 100% (I think).
Bonus factor 1 - I didn't have to hose the Triumph off when I got home :D .
Bonus factor 2 - the Sprint behaved impeccably and the Bandit sulked it's way back to Chard with a misfire so it was my turn to play Mr Smug :)): .

Alan, sorry you missed all the 'fun' and had a boring and dry Seaton without us; catch you on the next one.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Had rain between Bridport and Lyme Regis then it eased off nice and dry at Seaton and for the ride home got to try out the new waterproofs no leaks bonus, must say the power 5s were excellent in the rain 👍👍

A good turnout at Seaton considering the the weather.
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

The North Molton microclimate :evil: It did try to clear a bit here on the western face of Exmoor from 09.00 to 09.30 then the rains and wind came back in with a vengeance for the rest of the day. That's why I missed the fun. Looking forward to the next one folks :D

Ooh...that'll be Si's "Mystery Ride". We know what we're in for there, 'specially with Roy in the group :mrgreen:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

Yep it was a bit wet on this ride and the bandit kept misfiring, which spoilt a normally sweet bike; a new set of plugs is on the way as a first attempt into solving the fault.
Hope it has been fixed by the time of the "Mystery Ride". :ympray: :ympray: